If you have nowhere to go this Thanksgiving

4,654 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tailgate88
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One time, many moons ago, I was an 18 year old student alone in a new city with nowhere to go on Thanksgiving. It is still to this day one of the lowest moments of my life, eating pressed turkey with a bunch of other solitary souls in a Luby's feeling homesick and sorry for myself.

So-
As we do every year, my family and I are extending an invitation to all of our friends, young and old, who don't have anywhere to go on turkey day, for whatever reasons, to come enjoy a Thanksgiving day meal at our home no questions asked. It's cool for anyone to come by and hangout, have a drink, help cook, laugh at me or just watch football, but, I especially want those who are alone on Thanksgiving to know they can come by our house and enjoy a meal and some (mostly good) company. All Are welcome.

RSVP to this if you want directions andreas@elitellp.net

Happy Thanksgiving.
God Bless
Rex Racer
AG
Good bull.
Tailgate88
AG
It's awesome that you do this every year.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Just one of the many reasons it's great to call this place home.
Justin2010
AG
If a student reads this he should re-post it in the student forum.

Good bull!
techno-ag
halibut sinclair
FamousAgg
milner79
One of the great Aggie traditions. I'm glad to see you still do this. Thanks.
dubi
AG
Good Bull!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Good stuff OP.

Curious, how do you know how much to cook?
OnlyANobody
I came here today just to see if you'd posted this yet.
EliteElectric
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Good stuff OP.

Curious, how do you know how much to cook?
I don't. That's the magic (read shear terror) of it. I usually cook a lot anyways, turkey, ham, ribs, wings etc. If the crowd is larger than anticipated I wing it. I also ask people to rsvp to my email address for directions which gives me a clue, however people that know me personally usually show up without rsvp so that adds a level to the challenge. In its glory days this thing had over 100 people, it is down to a few now a days, I believe mainly to the fact that so many restaurants are open on Turkeyday now. At any rate I never want someone to feel as low as I did in 1989, thus the standing invite year after year.
EliteElectric
Also, we've ran out of beer and whiskey but never food!

AC Hopper
S
You are a good man, EE!
Happy Thanksgiving.
Maedan86
AG
Double Ditto what Hopper said.
Maedan86
jphil1
AG
You make me (almost) want to drive from up here in Ft. Worth down to your house just to enjoy your company. That's a very nice offer.
AG'73
happyinBCS
Thanks for your kindness every year I believe you speak volumes for the heart and soul of this community and our country God bless my friend
EliteElectric
We are going to try to do something this year. We haven't figured out how yet, stay tuned. Also if you have nowhere to go and want to come hang out we will make it happen andreas@elitellp.net
legalbird
Thumbs up for Elite.

I am always glad when I see you part of a new project/building.
EliteElectric
Sorry for the late update, but we had a decent turnout this year. We were afraid that covid and the times would have us have our first unattended, but fortunately there were a few persons in BCS made a little less lonely and hungry Thursday. i usually post stats but will refrain this year to Keep the Karen's calm.

Thanks BCS for allowing us to feel better about ourselves by helping you. Our 6yo loves doing this every year and quite frankly it warms my black heart as well.
Tailgate88
AG
EliteElectric said:

Sorry for the late update, but we had a decent turnout this year. We were afraid that covid and the times would have us have our first unattended, but fortunately there were a few persons in BCS made a little less lonely and hungry Thursday. i usually post stats but will refrain this year to Keep the Karen's calm.

Thanks BCS for allowing us to feel better about ourselves by helping you. Our 6yo loves doing this every year and quite frankly it warms my black heart as well.
Well done again this year, sir. A shining example of what makes our community so great. And extra kudos for the part in bold.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.