Pecan pie

3,106 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tumble Weed
CN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who makes the best in the area? I've had Pie in the Sky's and it's good but I'm looking for great.
TxSquarebody
This guy
CN
TxSquarebody said:

This guy
Ok, who makes the best in the area that we can purchase?
mwm
Try Royalty Pecan on Hwy 21 just west of the River. Great people.
Post removed:
by user
armymom
Cracker Barrel
trouble
AG
TxSquarebody said:

This guy

Wrong. It's me.
Greener LawnScapes
Just purchased a chocolate chip pecan pie from Royalty Pecans earlier this week. It's the best!
UmustBKidding
Pecan is pretty straight forward to make, but most commercial ones this time of year are made with pecans from last season. It's currently harvest time and ones made from the current crop will just be better. So if you want to make your best get pecans from some place like royalty, farm patch or kids that collected them out of their yard not a plastic bag from heb or Kroger.
halibut sinclair
mwm said:

Try Royalty Pecan on Hwy 21 just west of the River. Great people.
Bought one there for a gift a few years ago and it was not very good at all.

Check out the Farm Patch. Their pies are baked fresh in-store with new crop Texas pecans.
mwm
You bought it as a gift then ate it?

The ones I've had from out there are just like Grandmas.
halibut sinclair
It was for a family member, so yes, I had a slice at Christmas dinner. The pie was runny and tasted gross.
ratfacemcdougal
Bevers Kitchen in Chappell Hill
Txmoe
AG
Haven't tried it yet but Blue Baker is selling pecan pies for T day. Have never had anything bad from their bakery so I'd assume it's solid. They also make a chocolate pecan pie.
AggieBarstool
Txmoe said:

Have never had anything bad from their bakery so I'd assume it's solid.
Oiy. Really?

There's some stuff they do well, but there's plenty they don't. I can't imagine a pecan pie is some thing that would fit in the former category.
newsjunkie
Quote:

Wrong. It's me.
Sorry, you're both wrong...it's me

I've sold some in the past but I find it all I can do to keep up with just his family's requests at Christmas!
Be to her virtures very kind; be to her faults a little blind. Lord Byron
ChampsAg
This guy.

Haven't found a great one in town. I got one from Royal and it was pretty good. Aggieland Outfitters is supposed to be carrying Royders and possibly Royalty.
MJ20/20
AG
Try the pecan cobbler at Mallet's BBQ in Navasota. It is basically a deep dish pecan pie and they'll sell them whole. I get one every thanksgiving and Christmas.
CN
So I got a pecan pie from Royalty Pecans. It was kind of meh which is not the reaction you want for $29. The pecans and crust were good but none of us really cared for the filling.
halibut sinclair
Sorry you didn't listen to me.
golf05
I have a friend who's wife recently started a dessert business. She makes tasty pecan pies as well as cakes, cookies, and other pies. I think she now has a Facebook page Mia's Indulgence.
Gigem314
AG
All the King's Men in downtown Bryan has a bourbon pecan pie with butterscotch and white chocolate sauce that is phenomenal.
Tumble Weed
Gigem314 said:

All the King's Men in downtown Bryan has a bourbon pecan pie with butterscotch and white chocolate sauce that is phenomenal.
I am going there for lunch just to try the pie.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.