CSFD Chief Resigns

7,813 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mindyourbusiness17
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can this be discussed now w/o a ban:
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/College-Station-Fire-Chief-resigns-564986272.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KBTXNews

[We have cleaned up this thread and any posters that become disrespectful will get a ban. Posters that want to get into an insult fight can do it on Facebook or Nextdoor and that is the only warning that we are going to give. -Staff]
Bonathan
guess we won't get banned for posting now.

[An official release is not a rumor. -Staff]
prymetyme07
There's a pretty significant exodus out of the Department by guys who still have the chance to go to other places. I only anticipate that it will increase now that Jeff Capps is running the day to day operations. Part of the reason so many people in the Fire and Police Department are leaving are because of the inept management of City management leaders.

This town is being run like the College Station of the 1990s and it shows in the infrastructure as well as Police responses. Taxing isn't the issue either because the city continues to mismanage the tax money they're given by the citizens.
FamousAgg
It is interesting that an assistant chief just retired also...

https://m.facebook.com/events/college-station-fire-station-6/retirement-reception-chief-joe-don-warren/1215622895289310/
RumorMill5
This KBTX anchor said the city led him to believe this wasnt happening, but then showed up out of the blue with a resignation.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2498115077135390&id=1907704179509819

What do y'all think? Oversight, miscommunication, or deliberate misdirection?
Knowyourbusiness69
Perhaps he misunderstood? Our politicians would never lie to the public, they have complete trust from the citizens.
MaroonBloodedAg2010
Not surprising. First responders in general get horrible support from administrators here. Support from the public is great and Bryan has decent support from the city, but CSPD, CSFD, UPD, and BCSO don't have what they need to effectively do their jobs. Not to mention they are all hemorrhaging employees to departments with competitive pay.
BCS-Ag
It's hard for me to think Jeff Capps is inept at managing first responders. He was the police chief, and a good one at that!
Cancelled
AG
Can someone explain why this thread is so contentious and why past threads have been deleted?

[We have never allowed unconfirmed rumors or gossip on this forum and we are not going to start now. -Staff]
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Agreed
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
AgGunNut
AG
My guess is that it's due to comments that have come from a number of unvetted rookie members who are likely members of the departments in question and a mix of other community members. It says a lot to me that they are speaking about what's going on, considering the flip-side are long-time TexAgs members that are clearly not employees of the departments in question, don't work there, and don't know the internal workings/politics.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
We all know he couldn't stomach the idea of Crompton back on council. I'd quit too.
Knowyourbusiness69
Well if the employee's were so unhappy why wouldn't they have said something? Im pretty sure there is a Firefighter's union that would have been active if there were problems. It honestly seems like this is all conjecture at this point.
Stupe
S
Not necessarily. There are a number of cops, firefighters, and paramedics that post on here and their usernames are known at work.

It might be a little wiser to register a rookie account if a person is going to start blasting rumors on here.
Knowyourbusiness69
I'll read that as just rumor spreading, may the admins have mercy on your soul
Gunner0740
The term "union" in CSFD/CSPD doesn't have the same power or meaning as it does in a place like Houston where employees are actually unionized and have mechanisms in place to help prevent them from being fired.
AgGunNut
AG
100% correct. COCS is an at-will employer, and there is zero to little an employee could do to fight a termination unless they are in a protected class and can argue they were fired due to that status.
Tumble Weed
AgGunNut said:

My guess is that it's due to comments that have come from a number of unvetted rookie members who are likely members of the departments in question and a mix of other community members. It says a lot to me that they are speaking about what's going on, considering the flip-side are long-time TexAgs members that are clearly not employees of the departments in question, don't work there, and don't know the internal workings/politics.
I have found that the more rook accounts on the thread in the Aggieland forum, the more likely it is to be true.
CaptainSparkles
Any word on what department he left CS for?
EMS_Ag
Word is he didn't leave for another job.
EMS_Ag
There is a firefighter association, and they were actively in discussions with fire admin about management issues within the department. They have been very respectful and have not aired out any dirty laundry or spread ill words to the public or news media.
Mindyourbusiness17
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.