Flyover info for South Carolina game

4,172 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by KidDoc
labmansid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For those interested in the flyover for this weekend's game, it appears there will be A10s about 2 hours before kickoff, I presume since it is a night game. No mention yet of how many aircraft will be involved.

https://gameday.12thman.com/fanzone.html
91_Aggie
AG
A10 Warthog... the plane built by engineers thinking:"let's find the biggest guns we can and then try to build plane around those guns."
EMY92
AG
We've had flyovers 2 hours prior to kickoff in the past for night games. With sunset at 5:30, it doesn't make sense to flyover right before the game.
WonkaTXRanger
Here's General Dynamics' concept aircraft with that same thought process.
https://imgur.com/3Bau5EG
AggieBarstool
EMY92 said:

We've had flyovers 2 hours prior to kickoff in the past for night games. With sunset at 5:30, it doesn't make sense to flyover right before the game.
Except doors don't open until 90 minutes (hour and a half) before kick... so no one is gonna be in the stadium.
Bohica64
I would think 8-10 warthogs flying over B/CS for an hour or so would be sufficient Maybe find an empty field to strafe a few times would be the icing on the cake.
Maveric
AG
WonkaTXRanger said:

Here's General Dynamics' concept aircraft with that same thought process.
https://imgur.com/3Bau5EG
That is an A-Wing from Star Wars.
dubi
AG
Per Association of Former Students FB page.
Link

Quote:

Twice on Saturday, two A-10 Warthogs one with an Aggie '14 pilot will pass over the Texas A&M campus crowds!

Because the 6:35 p.m. football kickoff is after civil twilight, the two planes from the 104th Fighter Squadron of the Maryland Air National Guard will pass over campus earlier:
4:25 p.m. flying south to north over the 12th Man Statue between Kyle Field and the MSC.
4:45 p.m., again flying south to north, over the Corps Quad as the Corps readies to step off at 5 p.m. for march-in.

Pilots of the A-10s are:
Capt. Nicholas "Puck" Hope '14
1st Lt. Taylor "Pistol" Price (graduate of VMI)

WHOOP and thank you to these pilots, their squadron, and all who have coordinated and carried out these flyovers for the 2019 Texas A&M football season! The Association of Former Students is proud to play a small role in this part of the gameday experience: tx.ag/Flyovers. If you are an active member, you help provide hotel accommodations for the crews. Thank you, gig 'em, and #BTHOsouthcarolina!
dubi
AG
Did the A10's just arrive? There was a very loud noise over the GSC just now!
trouble
AG
That was my guess. It was super loud over here.
Bohica64
I was just outside, down the road from GSC and saw a couple of jets take off from Easterwood, not A 10's.
labmansid
A poster on Premium posted about 30 minutes ago that the A-10s just arrived and flew over them a couple times near campus.
dubi
AG
We were driving from Millican back to CS and we could see them circling!
nought
AG
labmansid said:

A poster on Premium posted about 30 minutes ago that the A-10s just arrived and flew over them a couple times near campus.

About 12:30 it looked like the Warthogs were either doing touch and gos or flying low over the airport and then kicking it up high quickly afterward. I love these things better than the super-fast fighter jets.
kyledr04
AG
Just did a nice show over Wellborn and Millican
Sailor
They have been turning cir les over my house for the last 15 min. South of wellborn
TXAGBQ76
AG
Surely everyone is smart enough to just look up wherever they are at 4:30 to see them. If not, you get what you deserve.
mwm
They came right over the house. You could hear the "whistle". Awesome.
dubi
AG
Whoop!

BaitShack
AG
Love all the ordnance hanging on the wings. Probably inert but it looks good.
cz308
They should load them up with blanks and brrrrrrrrrt away over Kyle.
labmansid
Not exactly what you want to see if you're a bad guy!

kyledr04
AG
Awesome pics
KidDoc
AG
Loved seeing them fly over the Reed tailgate scene they are amazing!

For bonus coverage I as driving down university around 1 on Sunday and they were flying north.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.