Robo call blocker

2,253 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by halibut sinclair
sunflower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for Robo Call blocker. Receiving up to 8 calls per day per caller! Suspect that are coming from same call center as are all in a row. Have reported to "No Call" to no avail long ago. Thanks.
sunflower
Need for land line.
Alte Schule
I have the YouMail app. It comes with several known scam numbers that are automatically blocked plus you can add your own as you receive them. You can also block voice mails or use their old school voice mail greeting "we are sorry. You have reached a number that has been disconnected or no longer in service. Please hang up and try again" It also has a dozen other features that I don't use but you may find them useful.

I find it pretty good for a free app.It probably stops 80% of nuisance calls. I've gone from three or four calls a day to four or five a week. Usually less..

Since number spoofing became a thing years ago the National Do Not Call Registry is no longer relevant as spammers do not care. I do disable my app sometimes just to talk with them and waste their time.
doubledog
sunflower said:

Looking for Robo Call blocker. Receiving up to 8 calls per day per caller! Suspect that are coming from same call center as are all in a row. Have reported to "No Call" to no avail long ago. Thanks.
If it is a land line then buy one of these cordless phone (types)
I use PANASONIC DECT 6.0 Expandable Cordless Phone System with Answering Machine and Call Blocking
One button sends them to block mode. Has a large memory so you can block up to 250 calls.

https://amzn.com/B01HXMJ14S
Post removed:
by user
SW AG80
AG
What is the drawback to Robokiller? Since it is free you must get some thing from Robokiller, maybe emails?
Post removed:
by user
pants
I usually just ignore all calls that don't show up with a name. If it's something like a doctor, they leave a voicemail, and I call back. Robocalls usually do not leave voicemails.

Wait your second post means you need this for a landline. never mind. :-)
Stucco
Spammers are now number spoofing to get around the crowd-sourced apps. The FCC needs to do something. https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-fcc-has-fined-robocallers-208-million-its-collected-6-790-11553770803
Trent Cox
AG
If you have an iPhone updated to iOS 13, you can set it up to automatically send all unknown numbers to voicemail without your phone ever ringing. If it's legit, they can leave a voicemail and you can call them back. You just get a red badge icon letting you know there has been a missed call, but no alert or annoying phone rings. I have been so happy with this feature as I no longer have to worry about spam calls and not too many legit unknown numbers are calling me anyways.

Open Settings

Go to phone

Select "Silence Unknown Callers" at the bottom
AggieBarstool
Trent Cox said:

If you have an iPhone updated to iOS 13, you can set it up to automatically send all unknown numbers to voicemail without your phone ever ringing. If it's legit, they can leave a voicemail and you can call them back. You just get a red badge icon letting you know there has been a missed call, but no alert or annoying phone rings. I have been so happy with this feature as I no longer have to worry about spam calls and not too many legit unknown numbers are calling me anyways.

Open Settings

Go to phone

Select "Silence Unknown Callers" at the bottom
Huh. TIL.
halibut sinclair
sunflower said:

Need for land line.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.