What is that place on Hwy 6 with the long tube?

4,073 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Moy
MisterShipWreck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On Hwy 6 - right before Santa's Wonderland... There is a metal building with a small pond next to it. From the building to the pond is a long, wide tube. Anyone know what that thing is?

I see it all the time, going out of town. But, there is no sign on the building.
BMo
I have wondered the same thing.
Mathguy64
AG
I believe it's a gunsmith and that's their contained range.
Stupe
S
That is Bill Wiseman and Co.

They test rifle barrels in it.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Stupe is correct.
Builder93
AG
Thanks for ruining my imagination. I just knew it was an accelerator that created a wormhole.
MisterShipWreck
Years ago, I was told it was a gun smith. But after several years, when I saw that tube built - I thought it was some kinda science thing.

Interesting... Thanks
BCStalk
He used to have an underground tunnel in his old building. I worked for him about 10 years ago and he is a brilliant guy. Retired marine and Olympic shooter.
BQ_90
AG
Pump that inflates the Aggiedome
TLIAC
AG
Thanks - I've always wondered too.
FamousAgg
Tesla's hyperloop test track
Counterpoint
AG
Builder93 said:

Thanks for ruining my imagination. I just knew it was an accelerator that created a wormhole.

That's actually what it is. We just have to tell people it's a gun range.
Aggieangler93
AG
Did Arrowhead gun range use to be on the back side of that pond in the early 1990s? I swear we used to shoot skeet there with the A&M Trap and Skeet club. We had a great time!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
MisterShipWreck
Aggieangler93 said:

Did Arrowhead gun range use to be on the back side of that pond in the early 1990s? I swear we used to shoot skeet there with the A&M Trap and Skeet club. We had a great time!
Arrowhead has always been on Hwy 6 towards Hearne, in the 1990s. Unless it was there prior tow hen I moved here.
hopeandrealchange
MisterShipWreck said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Arrowhead has always been on Hwy 6 towards Hearne, in the 1990s. Unless it was there prior tow hen I moved here.

Yes arrowhead use to be on six close to Wisemans location. If my memory serves me Jim Broom was the older gentleman that ran it.
I did a lot of Skeet shooting there in the mid 80's.
bcstx06
I have always wanted to come on here and ask the same question. I always assumed that it was a hyperloop test track.
RG20
You mean Silk Stockings?
Moy
Arrowhead was in the vicinity of Santa's Wonderland in the 80s
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.