We've Never Been Licked

3,111 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tim Weaver
ro828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This movie will be playing at the Queen Theater in Bryan on Thursday, November 7, at 1:30, 5:30, and 8 pm. Here's a chance to see what the TAMU campus looked like in 1943. You'll recognize a lot of the buildings which are still standing and in use.
halibut sinclair
KAMU used to show it on Bonfire night every year. It's interesting from a historical point of view, but not a very good movie. Watch for Robert Mitchum, William Frawley (Fred Mertz) and Noah Beery, Jr. (Rockford's dad) in supporting roles.
Post removed:
by user
75AG
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Robert Mitchum once said that the worst move he was ever in was a war propaganda film set in some cow town college.

I still own it though.
He's right on both observations. But I also own it!
BrandoC
AG
I have always heard of this film but why in the hell is it called this?
nought
AG
BrandoC said:

"Licked" is old-time slang for "beaten". Think of it as "We've Never Been Beaten".
GoneGirl
AG
I have it on a VHS tape somewhere.
southcsag
Anne Gwynne (Nina Lambert) was the Mother-in-Law of Actor Robert Pine (Sgt. Joseph Getraer in the TV show Chips).That means that Anne Gwynne was the Grandmother of Actor Chris Pine.
TXAG 05
AG
BrandoC said:

Seriously?
Tim Weaver
ro828 said:

This movie will be playing at the Queen Theater in Bryan on Thursday, November 7, at 1:30, 5:30, and 8 pm. Here's a chance to see what the TAMU campus looked like in 1943. You'll recognize a lot of the buildings which are still standing and in use.
Including those scenic mountains where they do the artillery training.. That must be in Navasota somewhere......
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.