Autonomous shuttles at A&M

2,185 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jrhmc
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty cool story. DTB and now the main campus. The future is here.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Autonomous-vehicles-being-tested-at-Texas-AM-564094521.html
cz308
All good until it pulls out in front of you and isn't smart enough to speed up or stop... Already seen it happen.
AggieBarstool
cz308 said:

All good until it pulls out in front of you and isn't smart enough to speed up or stop... Already seen it happen.
Really? I watched it make a right turn at a stop sign. It was SUPER cautious -- no traffic, no students nearby, clear ROW, and it STILL took long enough such that 2 or 3 "normal" cars would have cleared the intersection if being controlled by a driver.
redd38
AG
Looks like I've found my way to get free tuition. Anyone have a neck brace I can borrow?
Gigem314
AG
redd38 said:

Looks like I've found my way to get free tuition. Anyone have a neck brace I can borrow?
Rexter
Dang it....
Sylvan
It was a really cool ride. Amazing technology.
jrhmc
AG
redd38 said:

Doesn't work that way. A friend's kid was hit by a golf cart on campus recently who actually had a driver and they are not being very helpful.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.