Aggieland Safari vs. Franklin Safari

11,259 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by pattybrhg
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking about getting the wife and kids out of the house today to do something fun. Which one of these is better? Any pros/cons to either?
redass89
Aggieland Safari
meinkee
Have only been to Aggieland and thought it was wonderful . No prices were posted at the gate. We did not realize until later that we were overcharged. Our fault for sure but entry fee should be posted at the gate.

It was fun and the kids loved it. Don't be too generous with food on the front end as there are more animals on the back end!
texasaggie04
AG
And beware the zebras! They bite your car when you don't give them food.
AggieBarstool
Which one is the one that opened most recently? Aggieland? If so, don't go to that one.

While it was okay, it wasn't worth the $20 a head (or whatever they were charging).
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
So you don't know which one you went to......

You don't remember what you paid to go.....

But..........don't go there?
AG
AggieBarstool said:

Which one is the one that opened most recently? Aggieland? If so, don't go to that one.

While it was okay, it wasn't worth the $20 a head (or whatever they were charging).
S
texasaggie04 said:

That may be the best post that I've read this year on Aggieland.
runnrboy
AG
texasaggie04 said:

Hopefully they don't have Dingo's if the Zebra's are this aggressive.
gettingitdone
We went to Aggieland Safari this past Saturday and it was nice. The entry price is a little steep for my taste, but it was still nice. The zebra's are insanely aggressive and they are in a "no feeding" portion of the drive. One stuck its entire head in our window. Ticket prices on line are cheaper than at the gate.
texasaggie04
AG
gettingitdone said:

We went to Aggieland Safari this past Saturday and it was nice. The entry price is a little steep for my taste, but it was still nice. The zebra's are insanely aggressive and they are in a "no feeding" portion of the drive. One stuck its entire head in our window. Ticket prices on line are cheaper than at the gate.

Hence my quarrel with the zebra. The car in front of me was feeding them. So then when they got to my car and I had my windows rolled up, I guess they were not pleased.
Wife is an Aggie
Any recent opinions on this place? Heading up to CS Sunday for the baseball game and staying the day/night in Aggieland. Wife was thinking we could do this Monday morning. I was also planning on stopping in Brenham before heading back to Houston and letting the kids see some ice cream.
halibut sinclair
Wife is an Aggie said:

I was also planning on stopping in Brenham before heading back to Houston and letting the kids see some ice cream.
Pretty mean to just let them see it and not eat any.
AC Hopper
S

Quote:

Pretty mean to just let them see it and not eat any.

Builds character & discipline.
pattybrhg
I haven't been to Franklin since the tornado so may not be super updated there. For Franklin, lots of things aren't labeled and it's a little janky but it's great for little ones that don't want to read about the animals. It's a lot cheaper and the animals are much less skittish and are used to being fed. They have giraffes and monkeys to feed. Feeding grapes to monkeys with prehensile tails is a lot of fun.

Aggieland is pretty pricey but it looks a lot more professional. That said, they are critically understaffed and don't leave most of the place manned anymore (outdoor bar/restaurant, reptile/bird building, heck even things like not restocking any soap in the bathroom for a whole day at a time) like they did when it opened. It's nice enough for now but getting in takes forever - took 45 minutes one day for like 10 cars. They have a super aggressive feed the parakeets room and tortoises to feed in addition to giraffes. Overall, if you're patient and have money to burn, Aggieland is probably the way to go but not by near the gap I would have thought it would be when it opened. We got the deeply discounted roll out season passes here but are highly unlikely to return much after they expire.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.