Mobile mechanic recommendation in B/CS area?

1,266 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Well, okay then
Aggieangler93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My kid, class of 22 at A&M currently, has an issue where her 2012 Honda CRV EXL will not start, this morning. She tried for a while, before calling me, and now, as a result, the battery could be worn down too. It's probably any one of a battery, starter, alternator, or loose connection somewhere therein or the battery ground. I am not able to get a lot of info on what is going on, as I cannot hear it well over the phone when she tries to crank it.

I am trying to decide if I should grab some tools and roll over to see her this evening. It's about a 90 minute drive for me, and I mean who doesn't wanna see their kiddo anyway, right? But, this got me wondering about a good mobile mechanic in B/CS that I can use, when I cannot get there to her vehicle. She has roadside assistance, but that only gets you off the road.

For now, she has a good friend who is going to come try and help her jump it at 3PM. Once he does that, if it jumps, I am having her drive it to O'riely auto parts to have them test the battery. If that comes up good, then I am probably going to have to get a mechanic out, or go over there and deal with it myself to see what else needs to be done.

So, has anyone used a mobile mechanic in CS? I am looking for an honest one, that is not going to take advantage of a situation where I am not in town. If no one can recommend one, and it starts when jumped, I think I will have her take it to Brazos Valley Automotive, based on recommendations in another thread.

(crossposted to Auto forum.)
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
halibut sinclair
We used these guys a while back. They were prompt, honest and didn't overcharge.

https://www.mobilemechanicbcs.com/
Aggieangler93
AG
Thanks for the recommendation! I called and they said if I cannot get it resolved by then, they are currently booking for Monday. Seemed like a great fella, so I am sure I will call them back if it's more than the battery.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
aggiepaintrain
AG
call gladney automotive

maybe it's gladny
02skiag
AG
If a jump doesn't work then check the fuses related to the start process. You can buy them at a parts store or Walmart, they are cheap.
Well, okay then
AG
halibut sinclair said:

We used these guys a while back. They were prompt, honest and didn't overcharge.

https://www.mobilemechanicbcs.com/

Another recommendation for these folks. I had the same excellent experience with them recently. Hope things go well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.