Suddenlink Installation - Cable laid on top of the grass

5,058 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AFM
waltonloads11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Suddenlink installed cable into my new build home. They laid the cable on top of the grass and left. Is this normal and the homeowner will need to bury the cable ourselves or is Suddenlink suppose to do this for us?
Post removed:
by user
waltonloads11
AG
Haha. Seriously though... I was kind of shocked when I noticed it yesterday.
cajunken
Not sure how Suddenlink works here, but when I lived in another state I had an AT&T U-verse cable run to my house. The installers left it on the ground, and two days later a contractor for AT&T came and buried it.
waltonloads11
AG
Maybe that will happen. Thanks for the information.
BQwolf05
AG
Yea they should come back to put it in ground.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
It's normal. Thr installer doesn't bury cable.

That said, my neighbors got a pool and suddenlink had to run a new line from the box in my yard to their house. I waited 3 weeks for them to come bury it and then I called in and demanded they come bury it
AggieAces06
AG
It took about 4 months and repeated phone calls and missed appointments for them to finally bury ours.
AFM
In my case, the installer nicely put the cable along the fences. But the contractor decided to cut corner and buried the cable across the yard. I have to be extra careful if I ever need to dig in my yard.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.