Coopers BBQ on 6 - will it last a year?

8,789 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Picadillo
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whatever happened to Fargos?
trouble
AG
Still open.
Mathguy64
AG
studioone said:

Alan moved down to the old Barnhill's location on TX Ave across from Ducky's.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
studioone said:

Still around. Not near what it used to be though.
Turf96
Hope it is better than the other spin off locations. Mason llano are good. The others just short of meat homocide. Junction location had been junk at best for the time it has been open. It has a great location is only reason I can think it makes it. Another 50 miles to Sonora and not much in mendard/eden so if hungry it is McDonald's and coopers. For me at this location that choice is 50-50.

Llanos location is great tasting and far and away some great BBQ. Had a terrible experience there one night with a drunk BBQ pit master. Threatened to kick our ass for parking where he didn't want us. The ownership sent gift cards. Walked in about 4 months later to redeem and he is still employed working pit with same terrible attitude this time with a lady and small kids. I left without redeeming and will never enter another one. Probably on me but like Gus said I can't tolerate rudeness in a man. If it says Coopers to me it says trash. Good luck.
jja79
AG
You can't miss it though.
trouble
AG
Finally saw it, at night, last night when I wasn't the one driving and I was specifically looking for it
labmansid
Turf96 said:

Hope it is better than the other spin off locations. Mason llano are good. The others just short of meat homocide. Junction location had been junk at best for the time it has been open. It has a great location is only reason I can think it makes it. Another 50 miles to Sonora and not much in mendard/eden so if hungry it is McDonald's and coopers. For me at this location that choice is 50-50.

Llanos location is great tasting and far and away some great BBQ. Had a terrible experience there one night with a drunk BBQ pit master. Threatened to kick our ass for parking where he didn't want us. The ownership sent gift cards. Walked in about 4 months later to redeem and he is still employed working pit with same terrible attitude this time with a lady and small kids. I left without redeeming and will never enter another one. Probably on me but like Gus said I can't tolerate rudeness in a man. If it says Coopers to me it says trash. Good luck.
Too bad you had a couple of bad experiences there. Hopefully that has been resolved. Our experience there has always been great. I bet the people opening here in BCS will be good.

As has been brought up before, but the Junction location is a different Coopers, not affiliated with the ones in Llano, Mason, New Braunfels, Fort Worth, Katy, or the one opening here. Might be a relative, but different operation. The one most people know of is technically called Cooper's Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que.

Web site
legalbird
Adequate parking CHECK
Forks CHECK
Sauce CHECK
Reputation CHECK

Another place that was well known overnight went south super fast because they were beyond rude to customers. I give them another year before the sign goes up.
BCSWguru
is it true Fargos uses charcoal?
Mathguy64
AG
LSCSN said:

is it true Fargos uses charcoal?
99.9% sure that Alan uses post oak. His original blue shack and the second place on MLK did for sure.
trouble
AG
I'm almost positive he uses post oak. It doesn't take like charcoal at all.
jja79
AG
Is Skip Wagner still involved? The original Eagle story said he was.
kyledr04
AG
jja79 said:

Is Skip Wagner still involved? The original Eagle story said he was.

I heard he was.
jja79
AG
Assuming he's not part of the original Cooper's is this part of the original or did they sell the naming rights?
techno-ag
AG
jja79 said:

Assuming he's not part of the original Cooper's is this part of the original or did they sell the naming rights?
LLC names are statewide but DBAs are by county. You could have a Cooper's in Podunkville and if they never got a cease and desist they could stay open indefinitely I bet.
TxSquarebody
Was it a dirty looking red haird guy? I grew up on Coopers Llano...this guy ruined my wife's first and only experience there.
Goose83
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

studioone said:

Still around. Not near what it used to be though.
Went a couple months ago. Not the same place that it was when it up in North Bryan across from the old TxDot compound.

The rib tips were still okay, but as to everything else, well . . .
kyledr04
AG
jja79 said:

Not sure how they structured it but heard recently he was still part of the project.
Picadillo
They'll do well; it's great BBQ, new hospital nearby and lots of growth. Heaven knows we've needed an upgrade in BBQ ever since the loss of Tom's.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.