Urban Table - smoked pork belly - yum!

2,195 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Gigem314
dominosrob
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First time eating at Urban Table and first time eating smoked pork belly. Wow! I was pleasantly delighted. Well prepared, great flavors. It's currently a special only. But, it may be added to the menu in the future?

What should I try next time?
Cholula Verde
AG
dominosrob said:

First time eating at Urban Table and first time eating smoked pork belly. Wow! I was pleasantly delighted. Well prepared, great flavors. It's currently a special only. But, it may be added to the menu in the future?

We have dined there three times and tried different appetizers and entrees each time. Sadly, we find the appetizers to be awesome and the entrees Pedestrian. Glad you had a great experience!
Bucketrunner
Chicken Piccata is delicious
AggieBarstool
Cholula Verde said:

dominosrob said:

Sadly, we find the appetizers to be awesome and the entrees Pedestrian.
That's the most pretentious thing I've read on this board. And that's saying a lot.
Cholula Verde
AG
AggieBarstool said:

Cholula Verde said:

dominosrob said:

That's the most pretentious thing I've read on this board. And that's saying a lot.
Sorry, the cocktails and wine were also good!
Cholula Verde
AG
Maybe you and your snooty palette should get off your stool! We are not the only ones around town that have not been overly impressed by the entrees at Urban Table and we are big Chef Tai fans. Thank goodness there are other options to choose from in the ever growing list of great dining establishments in BCS. Bon Appetit!
GSS
Smoked pork belly= bacon ?
Unless no cure was involved.

With the popularity of bacon, pork belly is selling for $4 (or a lot more..) per lb. Another mystery in the "how much is that cut of meat worth?"

Pork belly "burnt ends" is another popular recipe.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Wicked Good Ag
We like Chef Tai's places and did a lot of the pop ups of Urban Table before it opened.
Here was my take:
Some of the items that we liked did not make the new menu at Urban Table and some we didn't like did

That said the pot stickers as an appetizer are really good in my opinion and we would come for just some of the appetizers and drinks
Monywolf
Cholula Verde said:

Maybe you and your snooty palette should get off your stool! We are not the only ones around town that have not been overly impressed by the entrees at Urban Table and we are big Chef Tai fans. Thank goodness there are other options to choose from in the ever growing list of great dining establishments in BCS. Bon Appetit!
Agreed! Urban Table has been a big disappointment for me. Same with Paulo's. Chef Tai has spread himself too thin.
spike427
AG
Pot stickers were good. However, the beignets were gooey in the middle. And our server had a sticky note in his folder that said "I pooped today." I probably won't go back.
EBrazosAg
AG
spike427 said:

Pot stickers were good. However, the beignets were gooey in the middle. And our server had a sticky note in his folder that said "I pooped today." I probably won't go back.

Question is.... did he wash his hands afterwards?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
AggieBarstool said:

Cholula Verde said:

dominosrob said:

I've been there three times with each successive visit hoping it would improve from the previous visit.

Sadly, it didn't. Each entree we've had was average at best. Nothing special.

I'll be hard pressed to make a fourth visit, which is a damn shame as we really wanted this to be a great Chef Tai place just down the road from us.
Gigem314
AG
Really liked their Ribeye. Their 'medium' is a bit more on the 'medium-rare' side, but the flavor was great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.