Nice Restaurants in B/CS

5,404 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
bucky91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey guys, want to take my Niece and BF to nice restaurant Saturday after game. Want reservations, know it might be tough. I have been to Republic. What other nice restaurants in town recommend that would take a reservation?
02skiag
AG
Christopher's World Grille
SARATOGA
Republic
Christopher's
Casa Brazil
Porters
Poppys
Veritas
Maddens
40 Tempura (Sushi)
trouble
AG
Ronin
michellecan
Casa do Brasil
halibut sinclair
Cafe Eccell or Caffe Capri
jrhmc
AG
Check opentable.com. There are several good places with available reservations for Saturday night.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Agree. Opentable

Check Amico Nave
AG
The plates menu at Casa do Brazil bar is really good and a great way to eat there without the whole meat or salad feeding frenzy ......
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MS08
AG
Poppy.
new straw
I still need to try ronin. I have been to the farm, but never to their restaurant.
AG 86 BC
AG
Please try Ronin in downtown Bryan. It really is the best food in town. Also a great wine list.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Man, Ronin was good when I went, but I personally wouldn't say it was the best in town for something more fancy. I'm partial to Maddens. It was a cool atmosphere, though.
rockelle
Porter's
tamufan
Messina Hoff.
Jetty
AG
Christopher's
Amico Nave
Both take reservations
musicforall
Ronin's - If you do not want to do the share a table thing, they can sit you in the second dining room or the bar area at at table.
Wicked Good Ag
We went to the Farm as well for Ronin's but not the restaurant.

Everything we have heard is good there but a bit overpriced but need to try it out for ourselves

trouble
AG
For the quality of food, it's not overpriced.
AG 86 BC
AG
Agree. If you want quality food and service, it is not cheap. BCS is lucky to have a restaurant that is the quality of Ronin.
Tailgate88
AG
As long as we're on the subject, how about a trip down memory lane. Anyone remember "Remedies" ? It was in a house out by the airport. Only one seating a night and about a dozen tables IIRC. If you were able to get reservations, they'd FAX (that's how long ago it was) and you had to choose your order ahead of time, because they only made the exact number of everything you need. The chef/owner was a Sherry fan so there was plenty of Sherry throughout the menu. Fun place.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
How long ago was that? I would've eaten there weekly if it was good. Right up our alley
AG
I remember Remedies well. Steve was a doc who loved to cook. They loved him in OR!!! Great, very unique place.
CRBongo
AG 86 BC
AG
Anyone remember Mom's Diner in Bryan? All you could eat $5.00. Mid-80's.
Tailgate88
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

How long ago was that? I would've eaten there weekly if it was good. Right up our alley
It was good, and I'm guessing early to mid-90's. Dr. Steve Stevens was the guy's name I think?
techno-ag
AG
Blackforest Inn was another place like that, IIRC. Somebody's house between Bryan and Huntsville. A few tables out front. Great atmosphere.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
AG 86 BC said:

Anyone remember Mom's Diner in Bryan? All you could eat $5.00. Mid-80's.
Family style service and good comfort food. `
Tailgate88
AG
techno-ag said:

Blackforest Inn was another place like that, IIRC. Somebody's house between Bryan and Huntsville. A few tables out front. Great atmosphere.
Great spot! We were sad when they finally closed down. I still wave at it when we occasionally drive past there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.