Pipes and cigars

1,847 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Nosh
Scoopen Skwert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations where I can shop? I don't feel like walking into one of those "smoke" head shops.

TxSquarebody
The gas station at hwy 6 and 105 in Navasota has a pretty good selection in their humidor.

Seriously. Not a BS reply.
Prune Tracy
halibut sinclair
Spec's.
TxSquarebody
The Hiho store across from Stripes.
LGAggie
AG
Cavalier Cigars on University in CS. In the old Fox and Hound shopping center.
Nosh
Cavalier always says they are "about to receive a shipment" but their stock is always depleted. You're better bet is to go to either Specs location or just order online from Cigars International. I can see how the poster above said they are rude. I wouldn't say they are rude, rather disinterested.
Prune Tracy
Disinterested is a better word. I quit going because every time I'd go in, they had next to nothing. I asked about it one time and the older guy behind the counter acted like I was putting him out by asking.
Goose83
AG
If your focus is pipes, you options locally are zero to nil. Back in ancient times, us olds had numerous places - Colson's Corner (which later became Sarita's (then Sam's) Smoke Shop, and the Tinder Box).

If you're looking for anything resembling an old-time smoke shop, you'll need to go down to either The Woodlands or Houston.

If you don't want to travel, the best bet would be to go online. Two of the bigger retailers are:

Smoking Pipes

https://www.smokingpipes.com

Pipes and Cigars

https://www.pipesandcigars.com

Scoopen Skwert
AG
Thank you all for the information.

I'm going to SPECs this weekend and if I'm not happy I'll order online.
Post removed:
by user
Nosh
His name is Roger and that's a common impression of him. Its rather odd because most other cigar shops I've been to around the state have been incredibly helpful and welcoming.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.