Armadillo

2,218 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by toolshed
milner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have had what I am certain is an armadillo coming in from the greenbelt and tearing up the yard. Then yesterday, I discovered a burrow going underneath our slab on the corner of the house. Not pleased about that.

Anyone encountered this? What steps did you take to eliminate the critter? Fill in the burrow? Recommend a pest control or do it yourself? Thanks for any tips.
Post removed:
by user
techno-ag
AG
We used to have armadillos digging in the yard years ago. Killed the grubs they eat and they stopped. Ask at Producer's Co-op and they'll set you up.
BMo
I bought a cage trap at the coop a few years ago and have removed 3 in the past 3 weeks. I think they funnel into corners and just start digging. I just fill the holes in. They are a nuisance in the yard.
AnchorFoundation
Traps are the way to go if they're a big problem.

However, a little bit of Portland cement dry mixed with sandy loam will help slow them down when digging below the foundation.
SCHTICK00
AG
Urban hogs. Kill them all!
toolshed
AG
A mother skunk and four babies were/ are our culprits. Leave divots all over the place. They were discovered when my dad put a hose down a burrow next to his porch. All five came bounding out pretty quickly. They came over to our yard, stunk up the place a while with some warning shots. I think they're still around as I keep seeing the yard being disturbed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.