Brake work on truck

2,013 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ComfortAg
aggiemom89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for suggestions for reasonably priced honest mechanic for brake job on an older pickup truck (2006 GMC). Starting to hear some grinding. Don't want to put alot of money into the truck due to its age.
maddiedou
AG
Gordons garage. They are out on tabor and to some it is a little bit of a drive but in my opinion well worth it

They just replaced magnetic shocks and struts on my suburban and was a good price

I just really liked them and the service
maddiedou
Jetty
AG
University Tire... have had them work our cars for years. Very honest and reasonable!
They are a full service garage.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I do most work myself but needed a pro a few times over thr last couple years. Been really impressed with Brazos Valley Automotive. Honest, don't oversell you. Fairly priced.
halibut sinclair
Olympic Automotive across from Bryan High on 29th.
cavscout96
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

I do most work myself but needed a pro a few times over thr last couple years. Been really impressed with Brazos Valley Automotive. Honest, don't oversell you. Fairly priced.
+1

I've used them on a recommendation from a friend. We were both very pleased with service and pricing.

ratfacemcdougal
maddiedou said:

Gordons garage. They are out on tabor and to some it is a little bit of a drive but in my opinion well worth it

They just replaced magnetic shocks and struts on my suburban and was a good price

I just really liked them and the service
Gordons is not Gordons any more. He sold it to someone else. Just heard a story of someone going in with their own filter and oil and was charged 75.00 for an oil change.

+1 for Brazos Valley Automotive.
gibby03
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Love these guys. Went in one time and swore that my alternator or starter was going out, looked at it and said nope, clean your battery cables and you should be fine. Did it and haven't had an issue yet. Not necessarily a good look for me!!! But, the point is they could've easily taken my money and they chose not too. They have also done my brakes on my truck and I had zero issues and it was exactly what they quoted me before hand.
halibut sinclair
gibby03 said:

halibut sinclair said:

Love these guys. Went in one time and swore that my alternator or starter was going out, looked at it and said nope, clean your battery cables and you should be fine. Did it and haven't had an issue yet. Not necessarily a good look for me!!! But, the point is they could've easily taken my money and they chose not too. They have also done my brakes on my truck and I had zero issues and it was exactly what they quoted me before hand.
Good stuff. They diagnosed and fixed an issue with one of our vehicles that the dealership could not figure out and charged us what I thought was a great price for the work they did.
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
ttt - seems like Brazos Valley Automotive is still one of the top choices?
ComfortAg
AG
Mansel's Wheel Alignment and Auto Repair. Did brake jobs on my F250 and my daughter's 2008 Mazda 3. Excellent job on both and very reasonable.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.