Garage Door Repair?

1,686 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by gibby03
gibby03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody got someone to get with about replacing a garage door spring? Single car door. Most people are quoting me anywhere from 200-300. Anybody got anyone else?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Chris at Aggieland Garage Door

https://aggielandgaragedoor.entrematic.com/
EliteElectric
Aggieland. Chris has done great work for us
AnchorFoundation
AAA Overhead Door has always been great for us.
UmustBKidding
Agree aggieland, but that is about what everyone charges. Mine was $256. I normally do myself but needed to get done. They spent time adjusting opener and other stuff to make it work right no extra charge.
I know if you touch spring you will die, but I have done them multiple times and still not dead. Most places won't sell you a spring but last time I was stuck American Overhead on fountain drive some me one.

TLIAC
AG
I was happy with Aggieland also.
BCSMom
Aggieland as well. We paid about that for the same thing but replaced both at the same time.
SARATOGA
I don't know anything about this....

But my manual opening garage door is getting harder and harder to open, push up.......what does that mean ?
UmustBKidding
Typically if a spring it broken it will be very hard to roll up (wide doors typically have two) but rollers do wear out also. People with manual doors don't wear springs out at near the rate that people with openers do. They are cycle limited most about 8000 cycles. So maybe 8 years with 4 cycles a day (up/down/up/down) but far less if you use it as your front door. You can get more durable springs and might be worth upgrading if you use it a lot.
SARATOGA
Thanks.

Wide door. 2 springs.

But 2-3 up/downs per week. 10 years.

so ??

MisterShipWreck
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Chris at Aggieland Garage Door

https://aggielandgaragedoor.entrematic.com/
I used him a few years ago. He charged a little extra because it was an emergency situation. My spring was broken, and my car was trapped in the garage. I had to go because of work.

He sent someone the same day. Great service
Garage Door Pro
Thanks everyone for the recommendations!

Hi Gibby,

I'm Chris with Aggieland Garage Door.
Feel free to call us to set up a time.

Standard springs are rated for 10k cycles, we use 25k cycle springs and put a lifetime warranty on the spring.

You can reach us at 979-696-8208

Chris Symons AGD
Garage Door Pro
Hi Saratoga,

Give us a call at 979-696-8208 and I can come out and give you a free estimate on what is needed.

Chris Symons AGD
gibby03
AG
Hi Chris,

I ended up going with someone else. I appreciate the reach out from you and will keep you in mind in the future.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.