New to Suddenlink...Please help

2,884 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Belton Ag
Fishing Fools
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We've recently moved my FIL into an AL facility and the only option for internet is SL. After 1.5 weeks of fast speed it done broke. Is there a magic number to call to avoid the 1-2 hour wait only to have the call drop because ATT cell service doesn't work in the building? Please help make an 87 YO former Army Officer happy with his WiFi!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/03EkZaqEtqMnKmp-3F9c3hvdg
MikeTV
SL has some serious issues right now, but this probably isn't part of that. I can help you out. Contact me at the email in my profile.
jimmyb
Quote:

New to Suddenlink...Please help

t&p
BrandoC
AG
You wasted you good earned money on a crappy company. Trust me you will be done with them within the year.
Moscin
AG
What is the best local B/CS internet service options? I have been having the same issues; lost connections; very slow speed, etc. Have called several times with no improvement. Was working fine 2-3 weeks ago
Fishing Fools
Thank you MikeTV for your solution to the SL problem. It was a fast and simple fix!!!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/03EkZaqEtqMnKmp-3F9c3hvdg
TX AG 88
AG
Wow. Visiting Mom (who's 80) and I can't believe what I'm seeing. She had problems with her Suddenlink service, so finally she got the service guys out and they replaced her cable box. The new one is a Tivo integrated unit, and the guide says "to be announced" on every channel! The date shown is 9/3. I unplugged everything and plugged it back in and the box wanted to connect to the server. There is no wireless option. It wants an ethernet connection or coax. It says if you use coax, it must be connected to the router and the cable box. Well, the router and the cable box ARE both connected to coax, but not in series. This is how the Suddenlink techs hooked it up, mind you. I'm thinking it must have been late August back when they connected the box and it hasn't sync'ed with Suddenlink since.

I don't have time to call them and wait on hold tomorrow (if their service dept is even open on weekends) before the game, and we're leaving early Sunday. Mom is so frustrated with the NUMEROUS hour+ phone calls she already endured to get to THIS point, I hate to break it to her she needs to have another one (at least).

What are the alternatives to Suddenlink here in College Station? Mom lives in Foxfire (Rock Prairie and Hwy 6 area) if that matters. I'd like to switch her to a non-jacked-up provider (or less jacked-up, if that's the best one can do here...)
SW AG80
AG
88, I want to hear an answer to your query. We have a house in same area and are just there on weekends. HATE SuddenLink.
AggieAces06
AG
Unfortunately the only other option for TV around here are one of the dish providers (Dish Network, Direct TV). But I think one of those recently dropped a bunch of channels, so you might want to look at that before buying.

Welcome to College Station and the ever changing (but never for the better) TV services.
TX AG 88
AG
Okay, let me spin the question a little differently.

Suddenlink is trash. So maybe I'll recommend Mom gets DirecTV or Dish. If so, she'll still need an ISP. What are the broadband alternatives to Suddenlink in that area?

Just hard to believe a service that poorly executed isn't picked off by a competitor. Even if one doesn't exist yet, seems the market should be RIPE for competition to come beat them out.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

What are the broadband alternatives to Suddenlink in that area?
there really aren't any that match SL's speed
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
surprise surprise, more people unhappy with Suddenlink.

It really is one of the worst organizations I've ever dealt with.

Unfortunately though, with things like streaming, roku, firestick etc I don't see a serious player entering the market to challenge them. May not be the best time to start up a cable company these days.
snaglepuss
Can't be worse that Directv!
nwspmp
snaglepuss said:

Suddenlink: Challenge Accepted...
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Hold my beer
TX AG 88
AG
Yeah. I cancelled Direct at my home a couple years ago, and still they're light years better than SL.
Belton Ag
AG
My mom and dad switched to Suddenlink for cable (despite my numerous warnings) and their service guys came out to install, brought the new boxes and couldn't get them to work so they just told my mom to call the customer service number the next day and walked out the door and left. No working TV, no explanation for anything, just ghosted them. What's worse is that they tore up DirecTV's cables to use them so they couldn't even go back to Direct without having to pay Direct to come back out and fix everything.

What a piece of crap company.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.