Recs for landscaping and drainage work in CS

2,210 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Shooter McGavin
Shooter McGavin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need to correct some drainage around a detached garage, tear out old landscaping (minimal) and install some of that black tubing on a gutter and run through flower bed to a pop up.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
I went through a long process of quotes and ended up with C&C. They took FOREVER to quote the job. I mean, it was well over a month. They did the job and it works, which was my main goal. They mostly cleaned up, but still left some trash and they had to come back out and fix an item they broke and redo another item that was done poorly. After the job, it took again took forever to get a quote for putting in sod or seeding. Luckily we haven't had enough rain to cause any significant erosion. I'm looking for more quotes on the sod/seed now.

Overall, if you are able to wait, C&C was fine. I would have liked to see more attention to detail both in the job itself and in cleanup, but they fixed my complaints without much fuss. Compared to every other company I met with, C&C was head and shoulders above in terms of presenting general knowledge of drainage systems and discussing the technical details of how they'd fix my issues, which is why I was willing to wait so long for their quote. I do believe it was well worth it in the end.
Shooter McGavin
AG
coleasterling said:

I went through a long process of quotes and ended up with C&C. They took FOREVER to quote the job. I mean, it was well over a month. They did the job and it works, which was my main goal. They mostly cleaned up, but still left some trash and they had to come back out and fix an item they broke and redo another item that was done poorly. After the job, it took again took forever to get a quote for putting in sod or seeding. Luckily we haven't had enough rain to cause any significant erosion. I'm looking for more quotes on the sod/seed now.

Overall, if you are able to wait, C&C was fine. I would have liked to see more attention to detail both in the job itself and in cleanup, but they fixed my complaints without much fuss. Compared to every other company I met with, C&C was head and shoulders above in terms of presenting general knowledge of drainage systems and discussing the technical details of how they'd fix my issues, which is why I was willing to wait so long for their quote. I do believe it was well worth it in the end
Thanks!
txgardengirl
I've had great experiences with Texas Turf Pros recently
Shooter McGavin
AG
txgardengirl said:

I've had great experiences with Texas Turf Pros recently
What type of projects have they done for you?
AnchorFoundation
Shooter McGavin said:

... and install some of that black tubing on a gutter and run through flower bed to a pop up.

Highly recommend avoiding black tubing. It's flexible, ribbed, and weak. It'll catch a belly, fill with sediment, and jam up causing more of a problem than it's addressing. Always go with PVC.
Shooter McGavin
AG
AnchorFoundation said:

Shooter McGavin said:

... and install some of that black tubing on a gutter and run through flower bed to a pop up.

Highly recommend avoiding black tubing. It's flexible, ribbed, and weak. It'll catch a belly, fill with sediment, and jam up causing more of a problem than it's addressing. Always go with PVC.
Hey Anchor - are you a local foundation repair company?
AnchorFoundation
I am THE local foundation repair company
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Interacted with Anchor a couple times, can't say enough good things!
Fleen
AnchorFoundation said:

Shooter McGavin
AG
AnchorFoundation said:

I'm going to call your office.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.