Suddenlink hold times

3,680 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TXAGBQ76
BCSMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seriously considering going back to satellite. Had a tech issues a few weeks ago and never able to get through. Finally called customer service and scheduled a tech.

Today...issues. Called at 3pm and opted for a call back. Nothing as of 6:20pm. Was on hold for tech support for 1 1/2 hours and now I'll try the retention department. Next service call not until Thursday.

Anyone satisfied with dish network?
BCStalk
I made the horrible mistake of leaving Dish a couple of months ago for Suddenlink. When you call Dish, the first thing they do is introduce themselves and say which state they are answering from (as in inside the US). I will be going back to them here shortly. Suddenlink is just terrible service, quality, and TiVo is by far the worst thing I've ever used.
AgsWin2011
AG
Just do yourself a favor and try YouTube TV before committing to a 2 year agreement with Dish. Didn't Dish Network just recently lose Fox?
Gunner0740
I was on hold with them for over 2 hours and 45 minutes the other day. After asking for a manager, she refused to speak to me. After cancelling my cable they refused to tell me whether I would have to pay for another month, since I had missed the billing cutoff for the month by a day and they said they wouldn't disconnect my cable until Oct. 22 (bc it was in the middle of a billing cycle). Ended up being hung up on because they were closing. When I called back the next day at 830 I had a 3 hour wait in front of me so I opted for the call back. They called me back at 945 at night with someone who was a tech, not anyone that could even answer my original question.

In closing.... Worst. Company. Ever.
txbudda
Been with dish twice. The first time i was with them 4 years only canceled when we bought our first house and was trying to cut down on monthly bills to be safe. When I called to cancel they where very understanding didn't try to sell me into staying. After being gone for a couple had them come install at the house tech was friendly and very helpful set everything made sure everything was working and that my wife and I knew how to use it. I have only had to call once for service short hold time and someone was able to trouble shoot it over the phone and fix it.
cz308
Heismenberg said:

Just do yourself a favor and try YouTube TV before committing to a 2 year agreement with Dish. Didn't Dish Network just recently lose Fox?
Agreed. Keep their internet and go stream Hulu, YTTV, Netflix, Prime or anything but DTV or Dish.
Anonymous Source
S
Wife was on a call with them for over 3 hours a couple weeks back. Talked to someone at the 54 minute mark, then back on hold until the 1 hour 30 minute mark, then talked for less than one minute and was told to briefly hold and they'd be right back with her. At 3 hours and 17 minutes in, she hung up.

Ridiculous.
Gig 'Em
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Suddenlink hold times are so absurd nobody would even believe you if you told them. I've had so many issues with them and been on hold so much that to get around this, I just decided to go in to their 29th St office. And well, that doesn't quite work either. The lines are out the door and the table help there is slow as sh**. I finally made it in when I went first thing in the morning a few days ago .

Its comical how bad their service is.
dallasiteinsa02
I had them no show on three appointments. No calls. Just no show. Suddenlink didn't care at all. If they get you off the phone, it is a win for them. They won't call you back if they say they will. They won't escalate your problem to someone else that may be able to fix it. Went to the store twice. Both times they said they would have a tech call me back when my problem is fixed. No calls.

I know that the switch over to Altice has been an issue, but it is just the basic lack of customer service that drives me nuts. The day that 5G is common place and they have a true competitor in the market place is the first day that they will start the downward spiral of a company.
RGRAg1/75
AG
It really is maddening. No competition here, but I assume this is not just a local issue. The tech I finally got to come out said things have taken a nose dive since the Altice acquisition is in full transition. Said it just went from bad to embarrassingly bad. He doesn't even have a direct line to support!
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
The problem is the same as with Levy in the stadium: no competition

Fix that or just expect the same forever.
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

The problem is the same as with Levy in the stadium: no competition

Fix that or just expect the same forever.
I think with all the streaming , ROKU, etc... the chances of getting real sustainable competition in the market are dwindling.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
I meant even competition in the internet biz. Cable TV is practically in its last throes isnt it? I haven't had regular cable in eons
I think you will see 5G home routers in the next 2-4 years with tons of competition. The minute you can get a non wired option the entire market will change in a matter of months.
BCStalk
And now my tv and internet are going in and out every 30 seconds. How can their service be this terrible.
selk
AG
Was on hold with suddenlink for over and hour last week, when they finally answered I asked to speak to manager on hold for another 30 minutes. Told them it was the worst customer service I've ever seen
LWEW
It's the luck of the draw. I've been put on hold for nearly an hour, but one Saturday afternoon I called and spoke to someone immediately.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I called technical support at 5:30 this morning, had a five minute wait, fifteen minutes later issues resolved
dallasiteinsa02
TXAGBQ76 said:

I called technical support at 5:30 this morning, had a five minute wait, fifteen minutes later issues resolved

I guess their best employees work days.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Evidently! The guy was awesome, very efficient, professional, courteous and helpful,
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.