Local Attorney Recommendation

3,281 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by KidDoc
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I purchased a car from a dealer in San Antonio and Alamo Dealer LLC back on 7/25 and they failed to submit the paperwork for a transfer or title & registration. I have called them multiple times and simply get a run around. I purchased a 30 day temp tag from our tax office and have a pending investigation with DPS for a Dealer compliant.

Both the investigator for DPS and other websites I have used to figure out what to do mentioned considering a lawyer in these types of cases. Anyone have similar auto title or dealer fraud complaints recently? I don't even know what type of lawyer to look for in this case.

Super annoying and I don't want to get robbed. I paid by check & CC full cost up front.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
I will start with Hunter Shurtleff. If it's not something he'd usually take care of, he'll give you an appropriate referral.
coopers hawk
Since you used a credit card for part of the purchase, have you tried contacting their fraud department? They've got lawyers and leverage, so maybe them opening a fraud investigation would motivate the dealership.
KidDoc
AG
coopers hawk said:

Since you used a credit card for part of the purchase, have you tried contacting their fraud department? They've got lawyers and leverage, so maybe them opening a fraud investigation would motivate the dealership.
Oooh I like this idea maybe it can prod the dealer into taking action without me paying more $$ thanks!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
My only fear with using the credit card to dispute the purchase is I have no intention of giving the car back. I've already put $3000 in repairs & improvements and I have the car they just need to finish the paper work!

I emailed my DPS investigator this morning and he said these things usually work out when they start the investigation and the dealer has two weeks to respond. The main problem is if the dealership does not have the title in hand then I will need to get a "new title bonded". So I think I'll save my $$ for now and give this until mid October to hopefully work out.

Such an annoyance. 30 years of driving and I've never had this particular issue.
MisterShipWreck
Sorry to hear you have to go thru this. That really sucks!
mwm
Hey. I didn't know you were related to Hunter!
trouble
AG
I'm not but he's a good friend and he's never done me wrong.
Zombie
What I am guessing most likely happened is that there is an issue with the title of the vehicle you purchased. Every once in awhile we run into this. Usually it is because the vehicle was from out of state and we had to file a lost title application. God forbid it came from California as those can take 3-4 months to resolve. You should not have had to pay for another tag though. The dealership should have provided you another one. They have the ability to do that easily.

mwm
He's a good one.

You doing well? Gonna be ready for next season?
trouble
AG
Doing great. Feeling good. Little one should be here mid December. We should all be in fighting form by February!

Now if this heat would go away....

Thanks for asking.
KidDoc
AG
Zombie said:

What I am guessing most likely happened is that there is an issue with the title of the vehicle you purchased. Every once in awhile we run into this. Usually it is because the vehicle was from out of state and we had to file a lost title application. God forbid it came from California as those can take 3-4 months to resolve. You should not have had to pay for another tag though. The dealership should have provided you another one. They have the ability to do that easily.

The dealer is in San Antonio and is being completely unresponsive. I would rather pay $30 to brazos valley than drive 6 hours round trip to be hassled.

I checked the title prior to buying the car and it is titled/registered to a guy in San Antonio. According to the dealer he was selling it for his friend and now I guess they are having trouble finding it?
OnlyANobody
Not wanting to pile on conspiracies, but we needed to sell an older, but fully modified accessible van years ago, and put it on a dealership and consignment lot. It took forever to sell. Then, it disappeared from available inventory online, but we didn't get paid.

After an insane amount of written and telephone communication, the dealer admitted that it had sold, but he didn't have the cash to pay us. He was getting "harassed" on both sides - by us for the cash, and the buyer for the title.

In the end, we didn't want to put the buyer through any more grief after learning about an accident that caused him to need it in the first place and his inability to pay much for one. So, we negotiated with the dealership to arrive at an amount that we could live with and he could pay.
KidDoc
AG
The plates finally arrived today! Looks like the DPS investigator got them doing their job after 2 months.

Annoying but happy it appears to be working out without too much extra cost. Now just waiting for DPS to send the title.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.