International Charter School

3,007 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EliteElectric
sunflower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Know this has been discussed before but can't find it. Appreciate any info, opinions on this new school.
dubi
AG
There is a search button.

Link to thread.
jeffk
AG
Here's a whole thread about ILT.

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3031381/1#discussion
techno-ag
AG
It seems to be doing good. Keeps expanding. I've heard it has caused some angst at CSISD for taking students from them. I don't think it's going away any time soon.
dubi
AG
Terroristic threat.
jeffk
AG
Got an email about it from the school today. Sounds like a 8th grader flipped out and told some teacher he was going to kill them.
EliteElectric
I got the same email. It was nothing.
Turf96
As everybody knows here I am a huge fan. Most think it is because I have an ax to grind with CSISD and I do to a degree as we got caught up in all of the rezone nightmare largely controlled and manipulated by social pressures from a small group but there are plenty of threads about that so let's move on. I like ILTexas because it has been a very good school to attend not because we were treated so poorly in public schools.

For clarity we still have a student in CSISD and a child on ILTexas. ILTexas has been all we could have asked for. The tri-lingual program has been awesome. The teachers have been very great. The administration has done what they said they would. We have seen tremendous improvement in reading levels, spelling, and maturity over the last 18 months. Not having spelling for elementary students at CSISD may be one of the stupidest ideas I've ever Heard of. The uniforms have been wonderful. No social pressures and to my surprise is a building block to discipline as many kids fight it and lose there. Teachers are readily available and very encouraging. The chrome books for all students and programs on them help to reinforce the daily learning. We have seen our student make great strides. I do believe farther than we would have if we stayed. One of the best teachers we had at CSISD was at the charter much to my surprise. Discipline and director support are second to none. Unlike public schools their hands are not tied. The above mentioned issue was handeled and student expelled. It happens more often at public schools than they like to report but that doesn't support the fake news narrative the public schools like to have out there. If you listen to them charter would have closed last Christmas.

For the bad parts of ILTexas. At first it was a bit behind on organization. They barley got in building on time and the flood of students from alarmed parents after the school board hold up of areas in town created an early log jam. That has since worked out. At the beginning they had some more teacher turn over than desirable. This year we have seen none of that and the teacher team seems very strong to us. Sports are offered but the seasons are much shorter And not as competitive. If you are looking for college scholarship in sports play select or stay in public. I have grown to like sports at charter as they really are there for what sports used to be for. Building teamwork and character. For some the smaller school could be viewed as a negative but not for me.

All in all I really am thankful for the charter school. The administration and faculty have been great and the sports are my such a downgrade they are not enjoyed. If I had to do it all over again I would. I guess looking back inowe the board a thanks as the only reason we started looking to switch was after our neighborhood getting Yanked around. We were not happy with one aspect of public but had made up mind to stick it out until the rezone. We moved for stability and leadership and we got so much more. Best of luck and get in while you can if you still can. It has grown a ton since last year.
EliteElectric
7 weeks in and my 5yo absolutely loves it. She loves the unis, she loves her teachers and she adores the Chinese studies. Small sample size but so far so good. Also, there has been a huge advancement in her reading skills, IDK if that's normal for a 5yo or her teachers are pushing her, at any rate I love that she is getting so much better at reading.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.