TAMU Fall 2019 Enrollment

3,184 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aggieangler93
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The reported enrollment number for TAMU-CS is 64,300 up slightly from 64,126 in fall of 2018. The Health Science Center reports an enrollment of 2,901, up from 2.877 a year ago.

Anyone know where to locate the RELLIS and Blinn-Bryan numbers?
b0ridi
The math department, covering all Blinn campuses, went from 8,xxx students last school year to 11,xxx students this school year. Obviously some of those are enrolled at both Blinn and A&M. Don't know numbers for all of Blinn.
Oogway
I'm not sure the Blinn numbers have been officially posted. When they are out, here are last years numbers from Fall 2018 to compare:
Blinn Bryan: 10,170
Blinn Rellis: 1512

I expect the Rellis #s to be much higher when the 2019 enrollments are released.
rocketscience
AG
Oogway said:

I'm not sure the Blinn numbers have been officially posted. When they are out, here are last years numbers from Fall 2018 to compare:
Blinn Bryan: 10,170
Blinn Rellis: 1512

I expect the Rellis #s to be much higher when the 2019 enrollments are released.

http://wtaw.com/2019/08/28/texas-am-system-officially-opens-the-first-academic-building-on-the-rellis-campus/

This article says it was almost 2600 as of the dedication of the first A&M System academic building, which I believe again beat projections. Official number could be more than that.
Eliminatus
AG
Quote:

Developer Hunter Goodwin, who chairs the RELLIS external advisory committee, says local business owners will be asked to make a financial investment as they will received the benefit of students going through academic and workforce education programs.
Does this strike anyone else as weird and even kinda rude to ask?

Like the local businesses had any say of where this was built. Do any other establishments just blatantly ask for money for building up an area? After the fact at that? Is this normal? Or just TAMU holding the hand out again. I legitimately have no idea. I am not a business owner obviously.

Aggieangler93
AG
Are they saying that business owners local to Rellis would benefit to increased traffic or something? I don't go past the bypass towards Bryan anymore, since they opened the bypass, when I come into town from Caldwell. But I cannot recall any businesses near by that area that would benefit from more college students passing by. Are there some on 21 further in closer to Bryan?

I was also wondering how soon it will be until fast food places pop up, and at least a convenience store or two.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
rsa
AG
Eliminatus said:

Quote:

Developer Hunter Goodwin, who chairs the RELLIS external advisory committee, says local business owners will be asked to make a financial investment as they will received the benefit of students going through academic and workforce education programs.
Does this strike anyone else as weird and even kinda rude to ask?

Like the local businesses had any say of where this was built. Do any other establishments just blatantly ask for money for building up an area? After the fact at that? Is this normal? Or just TAMU holding the hand out again. I legitimately have no idea. I am not a business owner obviously.

My reading on that passage is that the companies who will be hiring the grads from the various programs will be asked to make a financial commitment ("skin in the game") to the programs. Similar to the CTE program at Bryan ISD getting support from local business who will someday hire those students.
techno-ag
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

Are they saying that business owners local to Rellis would benefit to increased traffic or something? I don't go past the bypass towards Bryan anymore, since they opened the bypass, when I come into town from Caldwell. But I cannot recall any businesses near by that area that would benefit from more college students passing by. Are there some on 21 further in closer to Bryan?

I was also wondering how soon it will be until fast food places pop up, and at least a convenience store or two.
I don't go that way often, either. Is there still something at Smetana?
Aggieangler93
AG
When I used to work out there almost 30 years ago, we would go to Cooks Point to eat. The food was good, along with the scenery.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.