Maverick 100.9 is playing Texas Country!

3,082 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by redd38
LGAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was out of town for about 3 weeks, and I don't scroll over to 100.9 very often since the music they play (ed) isn't mt speed, but I tuned in this morning and the format changed. "Texas, Red Dirt, and Rebels" was the tag line used.

Fantastic!

If it's old news, sorry.
Nealthedestroyer
AG
Good. We need more Texas country since all of the local stations play nashville crap. The only other one is 105.3 and it spotty at best.
Vae Victis
BrazosWifi
LGAggie said:

I was out of town for about 3 weeks, and I don't scroll over to 100.9 very often since the music they play (ed) isn't mt speed, but I tuned in this morning and the format changed. "Texas, Red Dirt, and Rebels" was the tag line used.

Fantastic!

If it's old news, sorry.

Great news!
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
redd38
JeepWaveEarl
AG
It's been AMAZING so far! I've been wishing for a station just like this for years. When I can hear RRB, Koe, and Sean McConnell in the same day I'm SOLD!
JeepWaveEarl
AG
You would ALWAYS benefit from some Sean McConnell in your life. Look him up!
Prune Tracy
Gibbs Slap
AG
Yes, they went away from Big D and Bubba national show in the morning! It has been great to listen to good music rather then two guys in Tennessee talk!
Love Gun
Oh, man. This just made my day. Finally!

I was so glad when 105.3 came back on the air, but I couldn't pick it up anywhere north of Tower Point.

Now College Station finally got good tunes. I was growing pretty tired of 99.5 with classic rock that played the same songs 10 times a day, and I would rather suck start my 9mm than listen to that bro country crap.
CaptainKidd
AG
A couple years old now, but my go to is always Willy 97.7

Before Willy, had to hope 97.1 from Houston was in range... which usually cut out anywhere north of campus.
Gigem314
AG
AGGODDESS said:

It's been AMAZING so far! I've been wishing for a station just like this for years. When I can hear RRB, Koe, and Sean McConnell in the same day I'm SOLD!
Great that he's getting some play.

That's my kind of "country"...singer/songwriter Americana.

He opened for NEEDTOBREATHE at Rudder earlier this year...GREAT set. Terrific songwriter.
91_Aggie
AG
Love Gun said:

Oh, man. This just made my day. Finally!

Now College Station finally got good tunes. I was growing pretty tired of 99.5 with classic rock that played the same songs 10 times a day.

Man. You are not wrong. Seems like all i hear on 99.5 are boston and the stones. Every day driving home around 5ish would be a Boston song. Not sure why i even have the station programmed even more.
But I was surprised to hear Midnight Oils beds are burning the other day. Interesting that alternative "college music" is now considered classic rock
halibut sinclair
Sirius FTW
redd38
AG
I don't know who the dj is on this station right now but she basically just called Myles Garrett a piece of s*** and defended Mason Rudolf.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.