Looking for daycare immediately - 4 year old

3,177 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgsWin2011
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The wife and I have currently had enough of the full-time daycare that our 4 year old attends (not going to name names). The staff turnover and quality of the teachers has been very sub-par the last couple of years and just keeps getting worse.

I know it's very unlikely, especially at the beginning of the school year, but does anyone know of any trusted and reliable day cares in the College Station area?
RPJ83
We loved Bethel Lutheran Preschool when our daughter went. They aren't a true daycare, they are a preschool, so they follow the Bryan ISD school calendar. This made things tricky sometimes with work schedules, but we were extremely happy there.
AggiePhil
AG
Good luck to you. Always good to have a backup plan in place.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I highly recommend Prodigy Learning Center -- easiest thing to do is send a message on fb -- you'll talk to the owner and she works miracles. They also offer a Transitional Kinder class that has been highly successful.

https://www.facebook.com/prodigybcs/

AggieAces06
AG
We've been at a Golden Keys for almost the past 3 years. They've had some turnover, but nothing that I wouldn't expect anywhere else. The owner is onsite as the acting director and seems to look for good quality new hires. We've been pleased, and the new preschool teacher has really stepped up the game for the kids going into kindergarten.
AgsWin2011
AG
Thanks for all of the replies. Where is Golden Keys? I haven't heard of that one.
AggieAces06
AG
Off of Southwest Parkway behind the Wendy's and Wells Fargo area.
coopers hawk
My first calls would be to St. Thomas Early Learning Center, Stepping Stone, and Longmire Learning. Even the most in-demand preschools have kids move or just not work out, so getting a kid in last minute can be luck of the draw. I hope you find a good situation that works for your family!
histag10
AG
We went through this a few months ago as well, as we no longer trusted our daycare to provide adequate care for our son.

St. Thomas has an incredibly long wait list (we were told out through March when we called in June).

We ultimately put our 4 year old in Power Sports Jump 2 Learning and we love it! The staff has been fantastic with him, its educational, and he has 1 teacher throughout the day (there are 3 classes of 4 year olds, each with their own teacher.). He does have Music/Spanish twice a week and gymnastics twice a week that have a different teacher. Extended care has other teachers as well, as the pre-k portion of the day ends at like 1 or 2. Drop off starts at 7:30, and you can pick up until 6:45 if you do the full day/extended care.

Last I heard, they still had a few spots open for full day.
txbudda
My son was at Jack & Jill till he started school and did their summer program last summer
TAMC11
AG
Farmhouse Preschool is brand new and will be opening up in a few days. The owner has an in-home daycare but is expanding to a building out in front of the speedway. Email Kat at farmhousebcs@gmail.com if you're interested.
AgsWin2011
AG
Thanks for all the replies. We were fortunate and lucky enough that Prodigy had one spot available and we jumped on it. From the stars on this post and all the online research and reviews, I feel like we've made a good decision. It's kind of small but it's more personable and I feel that our child will receive more attention and one on one time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.