Reptile/Animal Showing for Kids

1,870 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jrhmc
Ewok It Out08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My son is turning six in a few months and is really into reptiles and other animals. We have seen groups in a few of the bigger cities that will bring an assortment of snakes and other critters for the kids to look at and hold. Does anyone know of a group in College Station or one willing to travel to College Station that does these shows?
jrhmc
AG
Message the owners of the Reptile Hospice in Snook. They do events around town although I haven't seen them do a party. My daughter volunteers with them. https://www.facebook.com/rhandst/
TxSquarebody
Snake farm. Sounds nasty. Pretty much is.
/Ray Wylie Hubbard
Jinx
KnK Reptiles. If I am not mistaken they do most of the reptiles for the Vet School Open House and have done events all around town. Very informative folks and local.
aggiegal99
Look into having the part at the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History. We had my kids' parties there when they were about that age. Reptiles is one of the themes they offer. They will show the kids all kinds of reptiles, let them pet a snake, etc. Plus, you can have them provide everything except for drinks and ice. Easiest birthday party ever, and probably the one the kids enjoyed the most!
watcholady
AG
I caution you to avoid The Reptile Hospice in Snook. Last summer they brought out multiple reptiles to a day camp my children attended. My six year old daughter was bitten by their five foot boa constrictor. They did not properly supervise the event. (She had to pry her hand out of its mouth. It was extremely traumatic, to say the very least.)
Ewok It Out08
AG
Thank you for all the feedback everyone! Much appreciated.
Ag_B_10
AG
I highly recommend KnK. They are very knowledgeable and have very well taken care of animals.
jrhmc
AG
Ag_B_10 said:

I highly recommend KnK. They are very knowledgeable and have very well taken care of animals.
I don't think they are still in business based on a Google search.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.