Game Parking

2,078 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Rexter
poolgirl1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So it's ok to sell parking in your driveway on Game Day? Looks like several people doing it yesterday.
Oogway
I don't know what the ordinances are for that, but it is irritating when folks move their trucks to the park or line the streets and then charge for parking back at their driveway. I suppose it is a way for them to make some $$, but it is a hassle to navigate the night before.
91_Aggie
AG
About 6-7 home games a year, so it seems like people could just deal with a slight inconvenience for those 7 out of 365 days [/disclaimer i don't do this, I am just someone who does not fret over minor inconveniences]
txgardengirl
It is not legal and you can call non emergency and the Parking gator of officers will head over. Bonus if you take a picture
histag10
AG
It bothers you so bad that you would call the police? If I knew it annoyed people that bad, I would have just moved all my vehicles to the street the night before spaced as inconveniently as possible and not sold any parking just to make people this mad when I was in college.
979ag
AG
We are just some college kids working for some beer money. Not trying to harm anyone or make anyone mad. There's a market for it and people pay. If it doesn't affect you, don't let it bother you.
halibut sinclair
Welcome to the SEC and the 100,000 people stadium. This is what you signed up for.

I personally miss $1 tickets in the knothole.
AggieBarstool
histag10 said:

It bothers you so bad that you would call the police? If I knew it annoyed people that bad, I would have just moved all my vehicles to the street the night before spaced as inconveniently as possible and not sold any parking just to make people this mad when I was in college.
You seem like a fun person.
histag10
AG
AggieBarstool said:

histag10 said:

Probably more fun than the people who call the cops on college kids for parking their vehicles on the street.
Jinx
histag10 said:

AggieBarstool said:

histag10 said:

Probably more fun than the people who call the cops on college kids for parking their vehicles on the street.
Aren't they out there anyways?
AgGunNut
AG
PD's Community Enhancement Unit works with support staff and Code Enforcement to proactively address parking issues in the Southside area on game days.

PD addresses/tows hazardous violations like parking in Tow Away Zones (streets limited to parking on one side so emergency vehicles can get through). Code Enforcement handles minor violations like parking in yards.
woodiewood1
A couple of years ago the four gals who lived across the street would charge $30 for parking in their driveway that wrapped around the house. They could put eight on nine cars there. They told me that they paid their electric bill every Fall with parking fees. During their third year, the city found out and told them to quit or they and the landlord would be fined.

If I was in college and wanted to do it, I would run every game day Saturday a "garage sale" in my front yard selling used shirts with a minimum cost of $30 each. My customers might want to spend six or seven hours debating whether they want to purchase one.

Personally, unless they are causing traffic issues, I see no issues with it. I think the city police have better things to do on gamedays then to worry about a few persons parking at a house for six or seven hours max.
Rexter
I'd much rather have someone get paid to let a few cars park in the driveway for a few hours than to have them rent the house to 14 or so people for two days....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.