No right turns on red

3,922 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cz308
robcovol
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone here have any idea how long it will be before you can make a right run on red between Texas Avenue and South College? They put up signs this week at Polo Road, and it takes me 30 minutes to get on to University at 5:00! Really frustrating when there are no cars coming and you have to wait on pedestrians to cross.
bobinator
AG
I'm pretty sure that's a permanent thing? The signs at Bizzell and University sure don't look temporary
robcovol
Traffic turning right on to University must wait for the pedestrians to cross. At 5, after they have passed, the light is only green for a few seconds. Only a very few cars can make it. If this is a permanent decision, the city of College Station needs to adjust the timing on these lights.
TxSquarebody
Permanent. Get use to it or find another way.
legalbird
create four way stops in every direction
new straw
I think the whole point is to allow for pedestrian traffic. I think they are trying to divert traffic where possible.
91_Aggie
AG
The city cannot abide there being any East/West routes in town being utilized.

All traffic must go North/South and only on 2818, Wellborn, Texas and Hwy 6.

jagouar1
AG
new straw said:

I think the whole point is to allow for pedestrian traffic. I think they are trying to divert traffic where possible.
The biggest problem is they have 30 seconds of "pedestrian only" traffic and then they still give pedestrians the rite of way when auto traffic is flowing which causes you to have to be extremely aggressive turning right because what was stated above that window is very short.

They need to do one or the other. Either allow pedestrians to have 30 seconds to clear the intersection and then you stop all pedestrian traffic outside that window or you have them cross at red lights like your general intersection around town.
95_Aggie
AG
So who is in charge of maintaining the "weed median" on University in front of McDonald's? It's looking a little "unsightly".
They should have done something similar to the medians on Texas Avenue with crape myrtles or something.
cz308
95_Aggie said:

So who is in charge of maintaining the "weed median" on University in front of McDonald's? It's looking a little "unsightly".
They should have done something similar to the medians on Texas Avenue with crape myrtles or something.
How do you like looking at all the dead trees in the median?
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

How do you like looking at all the dead trees in the median?
Seems to me we could have cared-for medians without either dead trees or overgrown weeds.
cz308
Guess they'll use our property taxes to purchase all new trees for the spring again... Nothing like wasting other people's money.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.