Braces

4,072 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by legalbird
Texarkana
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jason86
AG
Treatment cost is dependent on the severity of the case and the necessary time projected to complete treatment. I believe the three orthodontists in town will provide you a consultation at no cost. See what the cost outline is for each one you are interested in and go from there.

And insurance companies exist to make money, not help you. Be happy they provide any coverage if your plan allows.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Have you asked Elms

Another Doug
AG
The cheapest I found when I looked was Safari in Bryan. It was too far away and didn't have great reviews, so we went with Brazos Valley.
mr83tr88
AG
Quote:

We had a wonderful experience at Elms!
Scruffy
AG
have you tried punching them in the mouth?
studioone
my twins are just gonna get bailing wire and some screws... im gonna do it myself..

way too expensive for reality...

and bryan is too far from college station? really?
skeetboy3
AG
very happy with Andrews
LOYAL AG
AG
We had a wonderful experience with Elms. My daughter went in unwilling to show teeth when she smiled but also unwilling to address it. Such is the mind of an 8th grader! She wouldn't even smile for the before picture. Now she's all smiles and very grateful for having done it. I think it was $5900 a few years ago. A lot but for a lifetime of impact I didn't really think it was that bad.
wasntme
mr83tr88 said:

Quote:

We had a wonderful experience at Elms!

another recommendation for Dr. Elms!!
91_Aggie
AG
Andrews is having some grand opening thing where if you attend you will be in drawing for the 4 sets of braces they are giving away.
We used Elms for our 3 girls though, but tough to beat free braces.
4lilmonkeys
Also used Dr. Elms for two of our boys, will be going back for our third kid early next year. However, I know several other families we know had great experiences with Andrews as well.

Our price included all appointments, treatments, retainers, removal and any other issues that came up during the process (including our oldest ripping off part of them after oral surgery). I think that's what made us feel like it wasn't "that bad," especially when broken down into payments. It also somewhat prepared us for the cost of tuition at TAMU, LOL!
Tailgate88
AG
Really can't say enough about Elms. They give a great job from the receptionist right up to Dr. Elms. Pick the kids up in a Hummer at school to take them for monthly visits. Fantastic marketing plan (they really should sell it. ). Yeah it's expensive but IMHO worth it.
NurseC
AG
I am the minority, and had a personal very negative experience with Elms' staff that left me feeling unable to trust his office with my care, let alone my children's.

We went with Brazos Valley Orthodontics, Dr Gary Gardener, at the encouragement of our family dentist, and couldn't be more pleased! He's off of Rock Prairie, and his staff is amazing! The consult visit and first set of xrays are complimentary. My 7th grader's teeth are pretty jacked, and we have at least 2+ years in braces ahead of us. Our treatment plan was $5300. They also offered 0 interest financing through their office if we needed it, and we received a 10% discount for paying outright.

Dr Gardener does office days in CS, Bryan and Caldwell. He doesn't spend big bucks on a hummer, commercials and full page ads, but is a top notch guy and I refer all of my friends and patients his way!
lockett93
AG
No one has mentioned Smile Direct for an online visalign like experience?

We had a great experience with Dr Elms for the traditional route...
gettingitdone
Back in 2008, my son had to get them and before insurance the cost was about $5k. The provider offered a 10% discount if we paid in full. Fortunately for us, we had a Care Credit Credit Card that allows us 0% financing for 18 months. We were able to take advantage of the 10% discount and still able to make monthly payments.
legalbird
There is a dot com that competes with Invisilign

Shoot some digital pictures and bite into some molds....send it off

Later they give you something that should straighten your teeth. I would be scared as *^)(* to try.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.