Childcare Rates

3,628 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by justalocal
txgardengirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Curious and it's been a long time since I've searched - what are the going rates for all day childcare in this area?
boredatwork08
AG
Your firstborn

But it depends on the age and the type of facility. A place that does the bare minimum will be $400-$700. An education center will be $900-$1200.

I can't wait until I get a big fat raise when my kid goes to kindergarten.
JP76
$35-$55 a day depending on age and curriculum taught
histag10
AG
Cheapest I've found is around 700, most are significantly higher than that (like 2nd mortgage higher).

What age are you looking for? That greatly impacts the rates as well. Newborn is closer to 1k everywhere. My 4 year old was 600-800 most places I looked. ($700 at Powersports and we love it!)
SchnauzerMom
We are at a private, in-home facility, licensed via the state, and we pay $600. She provides lunch and afternoon snack, and all children who leave her home are kindergarten ready.
KaneIsAble
AG
$940/month but headed to $2100/month when kid #2 starts soon.
meinkee
Wow, I am stunned. Have wages improved in BCS for the average worker? How does a single parent afford this? Even at proposed minimum wage of 15 dollars an hour this 700/mo would be a stretch!

Fortunate to be past the age of needing this service!
Roc96
AG
meinkee said:

Wow, I am stunned. Have wages improved in BCS for the average worker? How does a single parent afford this? Even at proposed minimum wage of 15 dollars an hour this 700/mo would be a stretch!

Fortunate to be past the age of needing this service!
No, they haven't. Not for school teachers,or A&M or Blinn non-teaching employees. Heck, even instructors at Blinn would struggle with the cost of living in C.S. As for me and my wife (both teachers) we moved back to San Antonio - much more affordable with the teacher salaries in this area.
Roc
AggiePhil
AG
My sister lives in Dallas and pays double what we pay here. So it could definitely be worse.
Jinx
AggiePhil said:

My sister lives in Dallas and pays double what we pay here. So it could definitely be worse.
The wages in Dallas have a much wider range and the selection of child care is pretty vast as well. Not sure how different cost of living is, but I'd venture to say it's probably higher on average - higher wages, higher childcare costs.
saltydog13
AG
the price doesn't just double? It's even higher for the second kid?
KaneIsAble
AG
Yep. About $225 more for infant care than it was when my first one started. Plus infants cost more than the older kids and the rate reduces over the years; except when they increase it 5%(approx) every year like Ours does.
histag10
AG
Yeah... everytime we hit an age where our rates should decrease, they increased overall rates so we end up spending more. Though this is our first year at Powersports, and I've found their rates extremely reasonable for what they provide.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
If you're a single parent working, though, there are programs to help... specifically CCMS....and there are a few GREAT places that accept it.

http://bvjobs.org/programs/childcare/
AgsWin2011
AG
We pay $970 a month. The oldest is now in 1st grade, but can't wait to get that next pay raise in a couple of years when the youngest starts kindergarten.
techno-ag
AG
Do your homework. One was shut down here last month by the state. Can't be too careful where your little ones are concerned.
justalocal
I pay $1300 for 2 - 4 year olds ($650 each). No second child discount but the cost is extremely reasonable IMO. I'm counting down the months.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.