Gluten Free Birthday Cake?

2,309 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by scs2001
TheOC16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to have a gluten free birthday cake made for my girlfriend by next Saturday. Is this such a thing? Is there anyone in College Station who does such a thing?

The other option is to just (attempt to...) do it myself, but I'd trust a professional more than myself on this one!
histag10
AG
It's not super difficult to make if you have a good recipe. If you bake it yourself, make sure to research recipes and read the reviews.
deh40
AG
I know Nothing Bundt Cakes on Texas has some gluten free cakes.
Bucketrunner
Ask at 1541. They make gluten free muffins every day
Max06
AG
HEB has gluten free cake mixes, and also King Arthur Flour's cup for cup flour that behaves just like normal flour. If you want to go the diy route.

As for bakery, I'd recommend Cianas Cakes inside of The Chocolate Gallery. Not cheap but totally worth it.
TXCityGirl
1541 Cafe & Bakery has an incredible professional pastry chef as the owner - give them a shout
Wicked Good Ag
TXCityGirl said:

1541 Cafe & Bakery has an incredible professional pastry chef as the owner - give them a shout

Their chocolate cake is amazing and gluten free
Try a piece and see if she would want a whole cake. But gluten free cakes aren't cheap at cake shops
momlaw
AG
Muriel has a gluten free bakery.
If it is a serious issue cross contamination can be a problem.
Muriel is a fabulous French baker.
Muriel's GF Bakery
momlaw
Kbeauty63
AG
Courtney of the Cactus Flour Bakery (on FB) makes gluten free cakes that you'd never know they were gluten free!
TheOC16
AG
Thanks so much for y'all's help! I contacted everyone that was suggested, and wound up going with a carrot cake (my gf's favorite, and one of my favorites too..) from Cactus Flour. We'll see how it turns out next Saturday!
scs2001
AG
Muriel is sooooo great! I highly recommend you try her in the future!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.