Kenmore Ice Maker repair

2,588 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ontheedge
95_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any suggestions? Is Buddy's Appliance the general consensus these days?

2 years old
dominosrob
AG
My ice maker started making an "ice waterfall" one day. I tried thawing the ice, cleaning, and resetting the ice maker, but nothing would work. I was about to give in and call https://www.aggielandappliancerepair.com/. But, first I starting reading through their website and came across this article. I was able to determine that the problem was a bad water inlet valve. After some searching online, I was able to locate a diagram for my fridge and see that the valve was mounted on the back-side of the fridge and was easy to access! I found the replacement part online and replaced it myself! No more waterfall!

Your situation may be different, but it's worth doing a little investigation. Yours may be an "easy fix" as well.

Good luck!
CrazyAgE
Swapping out an ice maker is super easy (on most fridges). If you have any bit of DIYness in you, I would suggest it.
lockett93
AG
95_Aggie said:

2 years old
More than 2 or less than 2? Paid with Credit card? You may have an additional 1 year warranty through the credit card. Contact them and they may have a service they want you to use.

Otherwise, I agree with CrazyAgE, if you're sure it's the icemaker, search to find the replacement part number and swap the whole thing. Youtube videos will probably even guide you step by step. The parts to replace the whole thing would be similar to a truck roll by a service company.

I like Nick's Appliance repair. Real nice guy and great communication by text of appointment, when they are headed your way, etc.
ontheedge
lockett93 said:

95_Aggie said:

2 years old
More than 2 or less than 2? Paid with Credit card? You may have an additional 1 year warranty through the credit card. Contact them and they may have a service they want you to use.

Otherwise, I agree with CrazyAgE, if you're sure it's the icemaker, search to find the replacement part number and swap the whole thing. Youtube videos will probably even guide you step by step. The parts to replace the whole thing would be similar to a truck roll by a service company.

I like Nick's Appliance repair. Real nice guy and great communication by text of appointment, when they are headed your way, etc.
Is Nick's the same as Advanced Appliance Repair?
AggiePhil
AG
Yes
meinkee
Buddy's Appliance. Specify Deryl Emola as your technician. He came to look at mine, called in to see if they had the Kenmore equal in stock and was told no and he said he would be back in 48 hrs. Three hours later he called and asked if he could come back.out. he went and checked stock himself and they had it. I know people say Buddy's is high, but this is the kind of service that keeps me in their fold.
ontheedge
Thanks for the info. Appliance in question came from Buddy's and Deryl has worked on our stuff in the past. We are trying to determine if it is worth repairing a 3 1/2 year old dishwasher or buy a new one. So price is the main reason for comparison.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.