Need to sell antique furniture, china, etc.

1,832 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by momlaw
Crusader
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a lot (too much to itemize here) of Duncan Phyfe dining room furniture, several sets of old china, cut crystal bowl, etc. that I don't use and would desire to sell. Does anyone know of a reputable dealer or estate liquidator, etc. who handles such things? All suggestions are appreciated.
techno-ag
AG
You might look into Caring Transitions. They'll handle everything for an estate sale. http://www.caringtransitionsbrazosvalley.com/
dubi
AG
The Attic in Bryan.

They sold quite a few antiques for my mom and she was happy with the prices.
studioone
The attic is no longer an antique store.. They only do auctions..

I don't like caring transitions because they put EVERYTHING into an online auction.. and you cant inspect item online and cant see it until after you bought it..

corner of time is a good auction place, but i think they only do estate auctions.. call and ask for buck or his wife.

post it on the classifieds...
UmustBKidding
Caring transition will do it and you will get less than Craig's list, eBay or scrap place. Only useful if you want rid of stuff by a date and don't care about what it sells for.
Unfortunately collectables are considered not of any value to the last several generations, and most are suprised by how little the offers may be. Friend has very nice antique china that could not sell even for very low prices. She broken pieces and finished into earrings, pendents etc to get rid of it without involving a trash dumpster.
Roundtop big sale next month might find a vendor there to buy.
Sorry to be a buzz kill but wish you luck.

Jetty
AG
Brazos Estate Sales ...Glenn Richards. They do a great job and are good fair folks.
legalbird
Sadly the demand for glass and porcelain has tanked.

I think it is a generational thing.
momlaw
AG
The lady I would have used has moved. She was incredibly honest and fair. She recommends An Estate Sale Company. Sometimes she comes back to town to help her with big sales.
momlaw
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.