Internet

3,131 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by merc
tom59
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need a new internet provider. Have suddenlink and live in Pebble Creek. Thanks.
91_Aggie
AG
Suddenlink really your own option. Everything else is worse
UmustBKidding
Everyone needs a new one. My recommendation would be for everyone to tell your pos hoa to do something useful an either before an isp or partner with one to give you good service. Only problem is the HOA would likely be useless in doing that also.
Average Joe
AG
Can we make a sticky about internet options? A thread pops up almost twice a week.
histag10
AG
I feel like it would just be - "SUDDENLINK! We know it sucks, but there truly is nothing else"

Thankfully I no longer live in the city limits, so I have Rise. I am surprisingly satisfied with them so far.
saltydog13
AG
Just wait. Oversold towers and unusable speeds from about 7pm to 11pm every night west of town.
histag10
AG
saltydog13 said:

Just wait. Oversold towers and unusable speeds from about 7pm to 11pm every night west of town.

Havent had an issue at all. Had them 2 months and we stream our tv. No issues with speeds or quality at all.
ShinerBlonde
AG
I'm surprised no one has commented on the fact that the Suddenlink account page has been down for over a week. I have been logging on each day trying to pay my ridiculous bill and it keeps saying it is down for 'scheduled maintenance'. Tried calling to pay and after waiting 30 minutes on hold I gave up. I may have to actually mail a check like it's 1998. Ironically their hold 'music' was endless loops of telling you to go to their website to handle account payments and services.
techno-ag
AG
Depending on your needs you might consider buying an iPad with cell service on an unlimited plan. That's how we do most our streaming.
dallasiteinsa02
ShinerBlonde said:

I'm surprised no one has commented on the fact that the Suddenlink account page has been down for over a week. I have been logging on each day trying to pay my ridiculous bill and it keeps saying it is down for 'scheduled maintenance'. Tried calling to pay and after waiting 30 minutes on hold I gave up. I may have to actually mail a check like it's 1998. Ironically their hold 'music' was endless loops of telling you to go to their website to handle account payments and services.

I have been dealing with the swapping of a router for a week now. Finally got someone to tell me that the upgrade to their system prevents a remote activation for the next 60 days and have to go to the retail store. I picture some program on their call center manager's computer that anytime the wait gets below 30 minutes he asks if anyone wants to leave to cut costs and get back to 30 minutes plus.
nwspmp
ShinerBlonde said:

Hmm. I just went to pay my bill on the Suddenlink website. Took a second try after logging in to get to the main account page, but did and paid it just fine.
91_Aggie
AG
ShinerBlonde said:

You may have some issue with your local router or browser you are using.

Maybe something cached on that website on your end.
I just logged in with no issues. Try from a different computer or browser if you can.

merc
AG
While not a suddenlink fan I moved into some apartments near tradtions and what they have available is incredibly worse. Almost shocking for 2019. I failed to do my due diligence in that regard.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.