To the Woman Who Was Vaping While Standing at the Bryan Library Checkout Counter

5,309 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Stupe
ro828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seriously? You've got to be kidding. You're that addicted that you couldn't wait until you got out the door? What a pity there wasn't a bucket of water handy. I'd have dumped it on your head and very innocently said I thought you were on fire since smoke was coming out of you and I thought I was saving your life.
turfman80
AG
I agree. It's a mess out there. Common sense and mutual respect is in short supply.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
BCStalk
We have a library?
befitter
Not to mention vaping will kill you. Thanks but please don't blow that crap in my face. Needs to be banned like smoking.
trouble
AG
Did you say something to her? Or ask the staff to?
Charli
Wait until marijuana is legal to smoke in public - the stench! Just gonna keep the Advil on hand
ro828
trouble, why should I correct her when that garbage is killing her faster than any rat poison on the market? She's making her own bed, and she'll lie in it. Besides, I couldn't say the words I was thinking out loud in a library where children are present.
trouble
AG
Instead you'd rather just complain to us?

You can think the inappropriate words while saying tactful ones.
selk
AG
Thanks for telling us though
Fonzie Scheme
AG
ro828 said:

Seriously? You've got to be kidding. You're that addicted that you couldn't wait until you got out the door? What a pity there wasn't a bucket of water handy. I'd have dumped it on your head and very innocently said I thought you were on fire since smoke was coming out of you and I thought I was saving your life.

No. You absolutely would not have done this. Perhaps in your fantasy world but, no, not in real life.
EVA3
AG
Well now that she's TexAgs famous, I bet she won't do that again!
BrazosDog02
AG
trouble said:

This. Never understood the passive aggressive TA post to people who not only cannot do anything about it, they also don't care in the least.

So...ok. Thanks for the post ?
BCStalk
BrazosDog02 said:

trouble said:

This. Never understood the passive aggressive TA post to people who not only cannot do anything about it, they also don't care in the least.

So...ok. Thanks for the post ?

Blue star for you
susieq30
I cannot even believe this would be allowed in a public library. I would think there would be rules against it. I would have questioned the librarian.
techno-ag
AG
I'm one of the few who doesn't mind vaping in public. It doesn't stink like cigarettes and the water vapor evaporates immediately. Plus it's safer than smoking. Most of the deaths have stemmed from home made THC cartridges or people who already had lung issues.

So I say, if they're not bothering anybody leave them alone. Sounds like that's what the OP did, so good for them.
trouble
AG
They stink just as much to me and I find the scent lingers just as much as smoke.

Heck, the library has a rule about not wearing heavy perfumes that could bother other patrons. Vaping is definitely not okay.
doubledog
techno-ag said:

the water vapor evaporates immediately.
And leaves a thin coating of Nicotine and other carcinogenics on everything the water vapor touches.
FIFY.
LightningDammitt
AG
doubledog said:

techno-ag said:

And leaves a thin coating of Nicotine and other carcinogenics on everything the water vapor touches.
FIFY.

In typical safely produced vape liquids there are three ingredients:

1)glycerin; FDA approved, and in many other consumables, including food items. Not a carcinogen.

2) FDA approved food flavorings. Not a carcinogen.

3) Nocotine in extremely small doses. Most of the nicotine is absorbed by the vaper, and what is not, is so miniscule, it is unlikely you involuntatily absorb any from.second hand vaping. The last time I checked, nicotine, by itself was not a known carcinogen.

Basically, you are subject to the same types of risks associated with theatrical type "smoke" generators used in theatre and/or typical music concerts; or even the popular scent diffuser (essential oils, etc).

It WAS extremely rude for the person to be vaping in such a situation though!
doubledog
LightningDammitt said:

doubledog said:

techno-ag said:

FIFY.

In typical safely produced vape liquids there are three ingredients:

1)glycerin; FDA approved, and in many other consumables, including food items. Not a carcinogen.

2) FDA approved food flavorings. Not a carcinogen.

3) Nocotine in extremely small doses. Most of the nicotine is absorbed by the vaper, and what is not, is so miniscule, it is unlikely you involuntatily absorb any from.second hand vaping. The last time I checked, nicotine, by itself was not a known carcinogen.

Basically, you are subject to the same types of risks associated with theatrical type "smoke" generators used in theatre and/or typical music concerts; or even the popular scent diffuser (essential oils, etc).

It WAS extremely rude for the person to be vaping in such a situation though!
You are correct, nicotine is a known poison.

Other additives ...
That is what they thought when they added Vitamin E acetate to the vape. Common "additives" undergo chemical reactions (oxidation and radicalization) when heated to vapor temperatures.
LightningDammitt
AG
That Vitamin E acetate is present when THC (marijuana) is added to the vape liquid.

i would think there are other safety hazards to be more concerned with, when adding THC; not to mention that THC added is illegal in Texas.

One could also added hallucinogens to a chocolate shake. That would not make chocolate shakes without the hallucinogen a safety concern...

But, yes, I get your point.
92Ag95
AG
victory
AG
the world we live in....Wont say anything to the lady, but call her out on the internet and proceed to tell complete strangers on the internet you would have dumped a bucket of water on her head.
Stupe
S
Quote:

What a pity there wasn't a bucket of water handy. I'd have dumped it on your head and very innocently said I thought you were on fire since smoke was coming out of you and I thought I was saving your life.
You didn't have the nerve to say anything but you would have done that?

I believe it.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.