Swimming pool architect

2,483 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EBrazosAg
snaglepuss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where could I hire one to look at why my pool wall keeps crumbling and tiles falling off. It was repaired once last year and this summer it's the same thing only worse. It's bad and I don't want a patch done again I want to find out the reason. TIA
Cartographer
I don't believe you're going to find an architect to identify any subsurface issues (which I believe you have). I'm not an expert in the field but I have some experience. If the wall is cracking inward and the tiles are falling in, you are likely experiencing some sort of structural problem.

There can be many factors that effect this including but not limited to: ground shift, soil expansion/contraction, roots encroaching on the pool wall, water collection, etc.

Age of the pool and time of year it was installed can also play a big part in this. If it's relatively new I would call whomever installed it.

Typically the wall of the pool is quite thick so I would think there is some sort of strong pressure on the wall.

That said, I don't think you'll necessarily get much out of an architect more than a bill. You're better off getting a pool company with construction expertise to come out IMO.

I would suggest Mobley or Sunshine Fun. These guys build more pools and have for longer than anyone else. A pool tech is not going to be able to help you so you need to be specific that it's a structural issue.

If you'd like to chat more feel free! I hope you have a positive outcome

snaglepuss
Thanks for that info. The pool is from Sunshine Fun (2 years old) and they now have a new owner who I am trying to contact with no luck yet.
Jetty
AG
Call Mobley.....he's seen it all.
75AG
AG
Watching as Sunshine also built our 2 years ago. Coping tiles are cracking. Surface deck is cracking. Thank goodness no pool walls and tiles are cracking. Yet.

I once recommended them on this site, but never again. Really poor quality.
LocalAg96
AG
Good Luck with that. Sunshine built our pool and we had insane issues. Feel free to send me your email and I'm happy to send you who we used and what our outcome was.
EBrazosAg
AG
Like other pool threads on this board, it seems to be Mobley for the win .....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.