welding

1,289 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by WheelinAg
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Not sure if this is the right forum, but there's no 'farm' forum..

The gear head broke off the shaft of my 4' tiller... the one for the tines... i can take it all apart, but i cant weld... and im pretty sure the alignments is critical on the welding...

anyone know who does something this precise or if i should just go buy a new tiller? The company apparently doesnt make the shaft anymore...

d
BCStalk
Custom Fab is where I would start.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
I work with Brazos Industries a lot and would recommend them. I don't really deal with Custom Fab, but have only heard good things, too.
WheelinAg
AG
Can you take a picture? If it's a gear and shaft it's likely hardened and you need special weld procedures.
histag10
AG
one of my neighbors is a welder. I know he contracts with some of the O&G companies. I can ask my husband for his info.
techno-ag
AG
Outdoor Board can serve for farm questions.
Donny Hall
Wegwer welding service 979-364-2502 talk to Joe

also Brazos industries might be able to help
WheelinAg
AG
By the way, I'll weld it for you (tig or mig) if I can borrow the tiller a couple of times a year!

Depending on length of the shaft can do pre/post heat treatment if necessary too. Might be a little sketchy if we can't find out what material it is though. I'd be willing to give it a shot though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.