Can't watch Clemson game on Directv Now in BCS

5,039 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by saltydog13
veritas47
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DirecTV Now (AT&T TV Now) doesn't carry a local ABC station for any subscribers in the entire Brazos Valley. I checked zip codes from Bryan to Navasota & Caldwell to Iola- they have CBS & NBC but no ABC.

I think I'll be switching to Hulu or PS Vue, they both list either KHOU or KXXV as ABC local stations. Does anyone have any experience with either streaming option?
montegobay
If you have a cable subscription or can borrow someone's, you can stream it using the ESPN app. See discussion below on the thread from Sunday about the UH /OU game.
jja79
AG
That isn't borrowing.
75AG
AG
jja79 said:

That isn't borrowing.
My son "borrows" my ESPN app and MLB app logins all the time. Since I'm not using them, I'm allowing him to "borrow" them. Is there a problem?
RJ3
AG
I love YouTube TV. Gets all the local stations and is really easy to watch outside of home on a computer or tablet(Masters week or March Madness)
James Russell
AG
Get an antenna.
merc
AG
I'm surprised this isn't all over the place. This is the first I've heard of it.
59in79
AG
I live in Wellborn, have DirecTV and the guide shows that it will be on channel 25. Already set to record the game.
Gigem314
AG
RJ3 said:

I love YouTube TV. Gets all the local stations and is really easy to watch outside of home on a computer or tablet(Masters week or March Madness)
We've never looked back. Great service, great quality, and great value (didn't have to do any 'ad ons' to get SECN).
halibut sinclair
Antenna. 40.1
dubi
AG
59in79 said:

I live in Wellborn, have DirecTV and the guide shows that it will be on channel 25. Already set to record the game.
DirecTV <> DirecTV Now

These are 2 different services.
Nom de Plume
AG
75AG said:

jja79 said:

That isn't borrowing.
My son "borrows" my ESPN app and MLB app logins all the time. Since I'm not using them, I'm allowing him to "borrow" them. Is there a problem?
Nah. Theft of service and programming is highly encouraged.
histag10
AG
techno-ag
AG
Multiple ways of skinning a cat. We like Razoo's for sports TV. They do a good job tuning into the games you want to see.
75AG
AG
Nom de Plume said:

75AG said:

jja79 said:

That isn't borrowing.
Yeah. That's really "theft of service". I PAID for the damn service.
aggiepaintrain
AG
this is what happens when you're pinching pennies

Rudyjax
AG
YouTube TV is by far the best streaming "cable".

6 unique logins. We all have our own shows DVRd. Unlimited dvr space. I record all epl, Bundasleiga, NCAA, and NFL games.
trouble
AG
Gigem314 said:

RJ3 said:

We've never looked back. Great service, great quality, and great value (didn't have to do any 'ad ons' to get SECN).

Same. We love YouTubeTV
75AG
AG
These threads, once again, remind me how absolutely ridiculous it is that BCS is linked with the Killeen/Temple/Waco broadcast region. It's a rip-off of those stations and their sponsors. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER travel to that area to purchase anything, when Houston is an hour away....

/FCC rant over
ChimbosAg
AG
75AG said:

Nom de Plume said:

75AG said:

jja79 said:

That isn't borrowing.
Yeah. That's really "theft of service". I PAID for the damn service.

Legally, you can stream up to 3 devices at the same time. Other than that, there are no restrictions.
halibut sinclair
Letting your children use the login when you are not using it is not theft of service. Bunch of negative nancies.
Aggie
AG
I have direct TV and guide says will be showing on 13 and 25
saltydog13
AG
Aggie said:

I have direct TV and guide says will be showing on 13 and 25

He's taking about the streaming service Directv Now, not satellite Directv as was already pointed out in the thread
histag10
AG
trouble said:

Gigem314 said:

RJ3 said:

Same. We love YouTubeTV

We use hulu + live. No add ons for SECN, and the prices all seemed similar. Chose Hulu for the movies and shows available (and had all the network channels we watch).

We love it, and I love getting away from cable/satellite
Stupe
S
75AG said:

These threads, once again, remind me how absolutely ridiculous it is that BCS is linked with the Killeen/Temple/Waco broadcast region. It's a rip-off of those stations and their sponsors. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER travel to that area to purchase anything, when Houston is an hour away....

/FCC rant over
Considering the number of people that live here that are originally from the Houston area compared to the Waco / Temple area, it's just stupid.
cottonpatchag
AG
Its ok for kids to let the parents have their login every once in awhile too!
75AG
AG
And it will likely never change. Congress would have to pressure the FCC, and Rep. Flores (or whomever is next) would prefer one media buy in the Waco/BCS market than to have to go into Houston. So we're stuck watching about traffic problems in Waco....
LOYAL AG
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Yeah I'm going to go with you not having a clue what you're talking about. Not sure why ATT TV doesn't have an ABC affiliate. They're the only streaming service with locals that doesn't. YouTube, HULU and PSVue all have one. It's just an odd quirk in their product offering. That aside it's pretty much the same channel lineup you get on DirecTV it just costs less. At this point if you're still on satellite and not streaming I'm curious as to why you want to pay more than you have to.
aggiepaintrain
AG
LOYAL AG said:

aggiepaintrain said:

Yeah I'm going to go with you not having a clue what you're talking about. Not sure why ATT TV doesn't have an ABC affiliate. They're the only streaming service with locals that doesn't. YouTube, HULU and PSVue all have one. It's just an odd quirk in their product offering. That aside it's pretty much the same channel lineup you get on DirecTV it just costs less. At this point if you're still on satellite and not streaming I'm curious as to why you want to pay more than you have to.

So I can watch the game?
saltydog13
AG
I pay the same/less for directv and get more channels than I would with streaming. For me, I'd have to pay for more than one streaming service to get the channels needed which throws away any savings at all. Even just YouTube tv would only save $15 a month. Not worth it
cottonpatchag
AG
Instant pot, Convection Oven and Vacuum Cleaner ads are in the channel count but aren't real channels. I'm glad to be free of them on YTV
histag10
AG
saltydog13 said:

I pay the same/less for directv and get more channels than I would with streaming. For me, I'd have to pay for more than one streaming service to get the channels needed which throws away any savings at all. Even just YouTube tv would only save $15 a month. Not worth it

How much do you pay for DirecTv? I was paying over/around $200 per month. Now I pay like $75 total for all my services.
saltydog13
AG
$70 for choice package with 2 tv's.
LOYAL AG
AG
saltydog13 said:

When can you cancel? Streaming has no contracts. Do you really watch all those channels? If you do then that's great. For us it's a key to ESPN and college football and baseball. We actually go entire months where the DTV app doesn't get opened. We watch ESPN, Netflix and HBO which is free through the DTVN subscription.

Look, I'm really not going to debate satellite v streaming. We all define value differently. We initially went to Sling TV as it's the most stripped down service there is and we were amazed when we saw how much less TV we watched after made that switched. Frankly money was the motivator initially but we're significantly happier than we were when our time revolved around the TV. Now we sit down to watch something specific and we might go days without turning the TV on at all. That's not going to be the case for everyone, just our experience.
BusAg
AG
YouTube Tv
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.