Alright A/C Company recommendations

5,665 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
91_Aggie said:

They may be good... but they've ruined any chance of me giving them a chance here.

I need to be able to believe in sincerity, integrity, quality, gonna be around in the long term.

But their "social media" guy (or at least the guy who posts on here) has done everything he can to distance his company from those attributes.

- I believe only the owner posts on here and does all the marketing.. Kinda fun to talk to a business right? I don't see many other business owners openly talk thru the interwebs.

Not quite sure why or how you can question our sincerity, integrity, quality, or being around for the long term based on what you may see on a facebook post or TexAgs forum..

Let's break it down.

• We literally have been documenting our work, our Team, and everything we've been doing related to HVAC since about day 1. It seems this would make us Transparent more than anything and have zero to hide / not tell. HVAC isn't rocket science, and most negative stuff about us is derived from HVAC guys on here over the years and in real life. We're competition and 'new army' if you will.

• Integrity - I'm an Eagle Scout, was named SBA Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2018- Houston Region, we've earned multiple Aggie 100 awards, 3 Bryan Rotary 10 awards now, I even have an Environmental Design degree from the Architecture program at A&M. Questioning our Integrity VS. how the rest of the industry is a far thrown stone my friend. Plus, we ask for a lot of feedback on every job if your questioning our Integrity of work -> https://localreviewdirectory.com/air-conditioning/tx/college-station/ecozapp-a-c-efficiency-2

• Quality - We focus solely on Residential HVAC only to ensure our quality, Are very selective in who we hire as well as documentation on all work. ( most HVAC companies use subs for most their installs, we keep our Installers year round to help ensure quality) Anyone who used us in the past for home services knows if you call with ANY issues & we jump on it asap. I have been on many roofs in this area past midnight to change a single light bulb of 1,000 - our customers know the amount of effort we put forth in our quality. (Also, i've been in 1000's of attics in this area and seen first hand the 'quality' from other companies- I have issues with the City for allowing, the Builders for enabling, and the companies willing to cut corners)

• Gonna be around for a long time- We've been offering Home Services for 8 years now in the Brazos Valley all the way from a student start-up out of Start-Up Aggieland. Plus we're opening an office in Tomball at this very moment, with plans on Austin next. We aren't going anywhere and are very growth minded. So you can count on us adding more vans & hanging around for a long while.

The fun part about HVAC is the huge miss-conception some ppl have on this industry ( it's dirty, very disorganized and very open to being Disrupted ) , we literally have to interview against 1-4 and sometimes up to 10 other companies to earn business on a daily basis. If we're not exceeding expectations and building value we won't continue to earn business- very plan & simple.

kevmiller
Great experience with F5 after my neighbor recommended him to me.

https://f5airconditioning.com
91_Aggie
AG
See that post above where you bullet-pointed all those things.... That would have been a better way to succeed at that "you only get one chance to make a good first impression", rather than the option you originally chose of "I am going to respond to potential customers as if I am General Board troll"

I truly wish you well, though!
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Maybe , but you gotta understand the trolls are coming regardless. One way seemed to be way more entertaining, spark good debates and generate thousands of views.

Just posting something boring about myself or company generates crickets ( and I'm not allowed to even kill crickets in this area for a few more years ...)

To some degree the awesomeness of TexAgs is several generations on Alumni connecting and busting each other's chops. Where else can Old Ags speak their minds to ppl not even 30 yet and feel comfortable doing so.
Stupe
S
Quote:

Just posting something boring about myself or company generates crickets ( and I'm not allowed to even kill crickets in this area for a few more years ...)
You are dead wrong about that.

Go back and look at threads about companies and see how many have gotten business due their professional responses on threads that started out negative.

You have had people telling you that they won't give you business due to your responses and I don't remember anyone saying that you were getting business because of your responses.

As halibut sinclair said, the negative stuff about you on here isn't coming from HVAC people, it's due to your interaction with people on here.

What's interesting is that you take these suggestions as "trolling" and make fun of "olds" that have been on here since the website started and you miss some very important points:
- We remember the internet and sites like this when it / they began, have watched them evolve, and aren't ignorant about "how they work"
- We have been around long enough to purchase what you are selling by either paying upfront or have the credit scores to easily finance it at whatever rate we want.
- When people that have been alive longer than you give you constructive criticism, be mature enough to recognize it for what it is instead of calling it "trolling".

91_Aggie
AG
Thread was fine to get derailed. I got the recs i needed. I mean i am surprised that only about 15 or so A/C companies were mentioned out of the 10,000 or so in the area.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Maybe your right , and then maybe I have a bit better insights than your assumptions in real life outside of TexAgs. Who knows.. felt like I just got lectured to stay inside the box and do things the way they've always been done.

Feel like that would make for a very mediocre everything.. and that's what many suggestions on topics here point to... same bunch of users suggesting the same things for years, not for me.

But I'll take your suggestion and leave this topic - tomorrow I hope to have an exciting announcement- please drop by.

91_Aggie
AG
One last thing. I probably would have given ecozapp a chance to quote, but their brand of AC is Goodman.
just had a neighbor have to get a whole new system because their Goodman completely crapped out after only 10 years.

While it's just a single point of data. it does not give the warm-fuzzies when I'm going to drop around $10K on a new system.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
91_Aggie said:

One last thing. I probably would have given ecozapp a chance to quote, but their brand of AC is Goodman.
just had a neighbor have to get a whole new system because their Goodman completely crapped out after only 10 years.

While it's just a single point of data. it does not give the warm-fuzzies when I'm going to drop around $10K on a new system.

We carry Goodman/ Amana from Daikin ( that HUGE building in Waller- on the left when going to Houston from B/CS) -

Comfortmaker which is the same as Carrier - ICP Factory in Memphis, TN

and now American Standard which is the same as Trane - Tyler, Texas

• Factories make a lot of different brands off the exact same lines, with the exact same parts, workers, copper, compressors, brazers etc.. Large difference is the 10 cent nameplate at the very very end of the line. + their marketing department which pushes one brands & incentives over another. ( I watched a lot of 'How It's Made' and these systems are largely made the same if you tour the factory and see A/C systems being born, come to find out- many our competitors have never stepped foot inside any of the factories, and go solely from what their sales rep tell them)

• Fun Fact: Many ppl determine what lines of equipment they sell- partially based on where the annual week long Golf trip is every year. ( don't believe me- ask )

- We choose to not limit our options, but we don't buy any builder grade equipment, We also visit the factories yearly as well.

• One lesson we have learned over the past couple years from getting undercut on bids, is that some companies may or may not use builder grade equipment on the residential replacement side.. If a company does a lot of new construction, they buy a lot of builder grade stuff.. We don't work for homebuilders and don't buy these lines. It's an issue in the industry.. So many want to race to the bottom.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.