Recommendations for paint/body work?

2,426 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rc_cat
rc_cat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm going through the process of getting my car repaired after a small collision - it's been a while since I've gone through this, but I think that the getting estimates part comes next.

The only name I've been given thus far is City Paint and Body. I don't know how many estimates I'll be required to get, but does anyone have any other suggestions? I know enough to know I don't know a lot - but, I"m pretty sure factory parts/paint is a must on my end, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

curry97
AG
Classic Collision

Ask for Doug. He probably will post on this thread before to long.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Was the collision your fault? If not, you're not "required" to get any number of estimates. Just choose your shop. I've used Jack Winslow 3 times. There's usually a wait to get to it, but they do excellent work.

Have also used Henley in Bryan once. Was pleased with them as well.
BMo
City Paint and Body is excellent. We have used them a couple of times on Nissans.
halibut sinclair
halibut sinclair
Henley's
Court Automotive
CS Ford body shop

Have all done good work for is over the years
classicdoug
AG
Even if you don't choose my shop, give me a call and I can help you through this. As someone said above, you are not required to get estimates. You have the right to take your car wherever you want. Most importantly, don't let an insurance company "steer" you to a certain shop.

Also, fyi Henley's was bought out by Demontrond Auto Group earlier this year.

Thanks,
Doug
Classic Collision and Restoration
979-778-8399
barney94
AG
classicdoug has done several good jobs for me and other family members. I highly recommend him.
EvenPar
AG
I used Jack Winslow recently and it took over 8 weeks. I would have been ok with that had they told me it would take that long up front. However, they quoted a couple weeks. Every time I called the person answering the phone could not answer any of my questions. Sometimes no one even answered the phone. Just seems like they are understaffed, at least that is the impression I was left with. I'll go somewhere else next time.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Sterling GMC
FJB
Abbyag06
The collision center at Tom Light is great. I have used them 3 times and have been extremely impressed every time. My brother in law had them repair his dodge a couple months ago and he was very happy. They work on all models.
Red Krow
George's Paint and Body!!! The best in town!
rsa
AG
Henley's did some custom work for me. Very pleased with their work.
tbone94
AG
Doug and Classic Collision are the best in town. Wouldn't take our cars anywhere else.
wasntme
I can recommend one place to go to and one place to completely stay away from. Same accident and I dealt with both places.

Recommend: Oscar & Sons, ask for Patrick

Stay away from: Caliber Collision (Bryan location)
samsal75
AG
Classic Collision! Doug and Matt!!
I have had great experiences with them; unfortunately.
lol No need to go elsewhere.
rc_cat
Thanks for all the recommendations! It was not my fault - so I am glad to know I don't have to get estimates. Fortunately my car is drivable, since life got in the way and I'm just now able to get back to this.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.