meteoag said:

Today is a perfect example I got on University @ Discovery at 5:13pm and made it to Agronomy by 5:33pm, total 20 minutes to cover .6 miles. Spent an additional 10 minutes going from Agronomy to Wellborn to cover .2 miles. At this point I got onto Wellborn to head north to cut through neighborhoods in Bryan, and I wasn't the only one who had this idea as this is also becoming congested. Got onto Texas for a bit and noticed that the traffic was backed up as well but unlike University it at least seemed to be moving off and on so it appears that these corridors are not being treated equally when it comes to time. Got back onto University at Tarrow where there was almost no traffic and everything flowed extremely well from there to six arrived at 6:05. Total time spent covering the earlier mentioned 2.9 miles point to point is 52 minutes. If I'm doing my math correctly this works out to .05 miles per minute or 3.35 mph so yes this is worse than Houston.
Not to make an excuse for yesterday but there was a wreck on university and they had it down to one lane so that really messed everything up behind and around it as people tried to find alternate ways through the area. I also think they really didn't improve much with university drive (those no right turns only make drivers more aggressive because the window is so short now) but a wreck like that in Houston would have been much worse..