Mover Reccomendations

2,253 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DDMOVERS
JeremiahJohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey guys,
The time has finally come! I am moving back to God's country from Houston. I am looking for movers ASAP. Who do you recommend?
Thanks and Gig 'em
75AG
AG
I will only tell you that D&D has a full day down to a science. If you use them, go by weight, not by time. Four rooms - across CS - all day. And we moved everything except the furniture/appliances

Edited, I forgot the guest bedroom.
MasterOfNone
I used G&M haulers a few years ago for a small move and was overall happy with the cost and service provided.

https://www.gmhaulers.com/

On second thought I am not sure they travel that far from College Station.
AFM
I have used G&M haulers a few times and have recommended it to many of my friends.
Max06
AG
I used D&D this summer and while they were pretty efficient, they were not very professional, took on a "hotshot" job between picking up and dropping off my stuff, and were incredibly rough/damaged a ton of my stuff.

Yes, it was insured, no the damage wasn't > the $500 deductible but it really left a poor impression of their business.

As an aside, the crew of three showed up for an all-day move and didn't bring any drinks/water for themselves. I don't mind providing some water but geeze who in their right mind goes to a physical labor job without a cooler of water?!
TxSquarebody
Sarge's moving...good guys and a great price
kyledr04
AG
+1 for G&M
trouble
AG
I don't know about their rates in town but the quote I got from D&D when I was moving from Georgetown to Bryan was ridiculous. Twice as high as the company I did end up using and at least 50% more than the other 2 quotes I got.

Then, when I told them I decided to go with someone else, they kept calling and emailing. Definitely not an experience that would cause me to recommend them.
Prune Tracy
Charli
Sarge's is my choice.

AggieAces06
AG
Another vote for G&M.
HowdyAg99
AG
G&M Haulers - have used them 3 different times. They traveled to San Antonio to move family to College Station as well, so I am sure they will get HOME from Houston. Welcome back!
nmf96
AG
3 Men Movers. Not the cheapest, but have always been very impressed with their professionalism, work ethic, and punctuality! As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Welcome back!
ratfacemcdougal
You will get lots of thumbs up for G&M and lots of thumbs down for D&D. I will add my thumbs up and recommendation for G&M. I have used them twice, and a friend used them for a move to Dallas. Nothing but good things to say about her move to Dallas. One time G&M quoted me a price. When the move was done, it took less time than quoted, so they charged me less. It was a short move from CS to Bryan, so it was not a big cost difference, and I was already pleased with the original quote. They just told me at the end when collecting the money that it took less time. On that move, we also stopped at Furniture Row and picked up a couch. Easy folks to work with.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Called G&M but have not heard back yet

Any experience with Brazos Moving and Storage? They have availability and gave me a reasonable quote.
txgardengirl
I use Brazos and recommend them regularly
Buford T. Justice
AG
I've used Conlee-Garrett for multiple moves, and have always been impressed with their overall approach.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
DDMOVERS
AG
D&D Moving and Storage, Inc was been in business since 2001 and maintains an A+ rating with the BBB as well as a ProMover with AMSA.

I do apologize for the negative criticism that we have received on this post and I am certain to tell you that the ones that posted negative post on here have NOT reached out to me personally to give me the opportunity to fix and / or make it right and I encourage them to reach out to me directly!

As a former Consol & ATM Football Letterman, my family has made a commitment to serving the Brazos Valley as well as Aggies all over the Nation! My wife, my daughter and myself recently took over the management of company and its 100% a family owned and managed business that takes pride in what we offer to the moving industry!

Give us a call personally and we will make sure your move is more than satisfactory!

Sincerely,

Dan Daniel
D&D Moving and Storage, Inc.
979-412-1358 Cell
trouble
AG
I copied you on the second email where I asked your employee to stop calling me. That's when the calls stopped.
trouble
AG
But honestly, I shouldn't have had to do that. I specifically asked for email communication and the first time I asked him to stop calling should have been enough.
DDMOVERS
AG
Check out what a few of our customers have to say...

https://www.facebook.com/ddmovers/videos/1363373853773670?s=100000808443820&v=e&sfns=mo
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.