Contractor for Whole House Remodel

3,525 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JP76
redball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy,

Does anyone have any good first hand experiences with a contractor for a whole house remodel? I'm in Bryan.

Thanks

*Cross posted on the Home Improvement board*
lockett93
AG
Glenda Marriott
UmustBKidding
U must be kidding
Rogue bands of construction bandits would likely be a better option.

IWannaGoFast1
AG
High end, Stearns. I've not used them, but have had a few meetings with them about a couple projects and have come away super impressed each time. They are pricey and know that, but they also have a great reputation to go with it.
txgardengirl
Buck the Builder
Quinn Williams
High Stearns
Crowley Custom
lockett93
AG
UmustBKidding said:

U must be kidding

User name checks out. You had a bad experience with her as a GC?
SchnauzerMom
Gerard Construction
rsa
AG
coleasterling said:

High end, Stearns. I've not used them, but have had a few meetings with them about a couple projects and have come away super impressed each time. They are pricey and know that, but they also have a great reputation to go with it.

+1 for Stearns Design Build.Very detail oriented, and one of the few GREEN resources in the area.
dallasiteinsa02
lockett93 said:

Glenda Marriott
I have been in two of her homes. They are fabulous. I wouldn't hesitate to use her.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
rsa said:

coleasterling said:

+1 for Stearns Design Build.Very detail oriented, and one of the few GREEN resources in the area.
Ya, Hugh's attention to detail was very apparent during our meetings. Detail is what I do. Hugh was a joy to talk to.
UmustBKidding
My experience with her is not recent and may not reflect today but unless there was something to show me different I would not consider her as my GC or in any other capacity.
Had a friend who moved back to town that had built with Marriott when she and Larry were together. Asked who was building big houses today and gave him my list and included Larry & kids. His response was not repeatable. Told him Glenda was no longer in picture. Think he ended up using Larry to build again. She rubbed many people wrong dealing with their problems after moving into their home.
I hope things have changed, but my assumption is Caveat emptor.

Donny Hall
if youre looking for a carpenter with no middle man talk to Mark at MJV carpentry for a bid. 979-575-3864

poolgirl1
I have to reply to this post the same as a previous post..Quinn WIlliams construction. You will love what he does.
JP76
I can give you an estimate for any type of residential remodeling, addition or home improvement project around BCS

You can reach me at

jpp_76@hotmail.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.