Exempt from law about parking on wrong side of street?

1,868 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TalkNerdy2Me
rc_cat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just idly curious - the city workers seem to have moved into Raintree to do something to the sidewalks they just redid recently - the workers are parked on the side roads - and half are parked the wrong way - i.e. driver's side against curb. I know there have been complaints on TexAgs from people who got ticketed for doing the same thing. Does it not matter if you work for the city?
techno-ag
AG
rc_cat said:

Just idly curious - the city workers seem to have moved into Raintree to do something to the sidewalks they just redid recently - the workers are parked on the side roads - and half are parked the wrong way - i.e. driver's side against curb. I know there have been complaints on TexAgs from people who got ticketed for doing the same thing. Does it not matter if you work for the city?
That is correct. In general city vehicles doing city work do not receive citations.
rc_cat
If it makes a difference, for argument's sake, these all appear to be personal vehicles. No city markings to be seen.
TalkNerdy2Me
AG
"Park facing traffic" is a criminal parking violation in CS. Easily reportable to Code Enforcement via SeeClickFix: https://seeclickfix.com/college-station.

How is Code Enforcement supposed to know these cars are personal property of city employees? If the employees are ticketed and believe they've been cited in error can then appeal to Judge Spillane.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.