umm.... there's a dead alligator in the back of my truck...

6,086 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by UmustBKidding
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Yep... thats right..

Wonder if i should report this to someone..

KaneIsAble
AG
Call the local Game Warden office
studioone

I'd post pics but its messy... intact, he'd be about 4 ft long...
Txmoe
AG
That's a clear message if ever I've heard one. I'd repay any old debts immediately!
JMac03
AG
Who did you piss off???

Like legit you woke up and found a hacked up alligator in your truck bed?

And another poster mentioned I would call the game warden.
dubi
AG
Why didn't you just leave it on the side of the road dude?
dallasiteinsa02
LOYAL AG
AG
Wasn't this basically the plot of The Hangover?
TexasAggie_02
AG
did you poke it with a stick? you can't really know if it's dead unless you've poked it with a stick.
aggiepaintrain
AG
is this your personal twitter account?
techno-ag
AG
Prolly a gar.
selk
AG

i've never seen an alligator in this county.... heard rumors that they live on the brazos river, but...

i'm taking it to the wildlife and fisheries guys to see what they think and if they can dispose of it..

marrocco
One was reportedly seen in the Brazos Center parking lot during the most recent flooding.

As for the one in your truck, could be worse. You could have found a dead alligator in your pajamas... </groucho>
studioone
called the wildlife dept..asked if we had gators in college station and they said 'yep, actually fairly common'.... so i said 'i've lived here for 50 years and never heard of one being in cs... so im guessing ya'll dont want to see it or anything since its common',.. and they said 'nope, not interested'....

oh well... i thought i had found something interesting... but now i know not to skinnydip at central park,..
75AG
AG
Do you have any idea why it was in the back of your truck? That seems to be a better story than if alligators live in BCS.
studioone
oh, sorry.. i put it there.. i found it outside my farm on 159...

thought i had said that..

but i thought it was so scary and unusual that i wanted to take it to a game warden or something.. I dont want critters like that near where i have my kids...

d

TexasAggie_02
powerbelly
AG
studioone said:

oh, sorry.. i put it there.. i found it outside my farm on 159...

thought i had said that..

but i thought it was so scary and unusual that i wanted to take it to a game warden or something.. I dont want critters like that near where i have my kids...

d

Then move where they don't naturally live.
Rex Racer
AG
studioone said:

i've never seen an alligator in this county.... heard rumors that they live on the brazos river, but...

i'm taking it to the wildlife and fisheries guys to see what they think and if they can dispose of it..

I played golf at Fox Creek near Hempstead about 19 years ago, and they had one that lived in one of the water hazards right next to one of the greens. We took turns keeping an eye on that thing while the other putted.
MB19
AG
I was discussing this sort of this with a game warden, sometime in the 90's, and he stated we are on the edge of the gator habitat.
AggieAces06
AG
studioone said:

They are definitely in Brazos County.

We just moved to a place off of East Rock Prairie and have been told there is a 5 footer roaming around.
techno-ag
AG
Heard of them on the Trinity, not far from here.
Loaded
AG

pics of the "alligator" are in this thread

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3050999/1
JP76
AggieAces06 said:

studioone said:

They are definitely in Brazos County.

We just moved to a place off of East Rock Prairie and have been told there is a 5 footer roaming around.

I can 100% vouch that in 1999 there was once a gator in a pond near River Run subdivision off of dowling road.

Edit it was actually off of Hopes creek where it makes a hard 90 before getting to Trotter lane.
halibut sinclair
OP's truck:

aggiepaintrain
AG
Loaded said:

pics of the "alligator" are in this thread

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3050999/1

Quick someone call Petco.
ro828
Several years ago there was an alligator on Leonard Road in Bryan, near 2818. Game warden took it someplace.
Hammerheadjim
AG
D,

We have found 2 in the last 3-4 years (juveniles) in the creek behind my house.

They come up Thompson creek via the Brazos River.

Saw one in 1994 by the Tejas center that was about 6 foot long. The winter pushes them away into the river, but they stretch back out when its warm.
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
Lone Stranger
In the very late 80's or early 90's one made the news in the ditch area across Texas Ave from the CS Police Station. Several kids were fishing across the road from the pond by the police station and snagged a gator. It started rolling and wrapped itself up tight in the fishing line. They tied the line to a tree and ran across the street to the police station to let the adults know. Nobody at the police station initially believed them. Someone finally walked across the road with them to shut them up and realized it was for real.

Would have loved to seen the looks on those kids mothers faces when they got home and told their story. I
UmustBKidding
If you read the other thread whats in the truck is not a gator, and yes there are gators all around. Its actually a Argentine black and white tegu, so if you know of any of these 4' lizards in your area please let us know.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.