Warning about Stripes on Briarcrest and 6.

6,706 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PS3D
Scoopen Skwert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Second time in a week buying something and the price on the display is not what they ring up.

I'm happy they honored the price listed but why does this have to happen?
BCStalk
Is this for regular marked items or promotional and are you sure it isn't discounted at the end of the transaction? Most registers scan items and adjust for promotional pricing after.
CS78
Pure leaf tea at multiple stripes in town. Marked $1.69. Pretty sure it rings up $1.99. Been that way since they opened.
DimeBox17
AG
I manage a different location but will advise the GM of that store to check their price labels. Thanks for the heads up.
91_Aggie
AG
bh93 said:

but why does this have to happen?

Because no system is perfect and mistakes can happen.
JavierC2005
Had the same thing happen to me over the weekend with some beer I bought. This was at the Stripes on Fitch and Wellborn.
dallasiteinsa02
You can go the route some of the Valeros and just not put prices on anything in the store. I guess you will figure out what you are paying when you get to the register.
DimeBox17
AG
I totally understand the frustration that comes with it. However, beer prices are the absolute worst to deal with. The beer sales reps will come in and put up new price tags and the next day the product may ring up differently. No notice is given to us at store level. FWIW, the beer price issues from this weekend should be resolved now. With that being said, if there is an issue with the wrong price tag on anything other than alcohol, I will almost always change it to the price shown. I cannot speak for other Stripes stores in the area but I am committed to making customers happy so I may do business a little bit different.
snaglepuss
Stripes has been going downhill every since 7-11 bought them.
BCSWguru
A quik trip would kill it here
F Troop91
And today they are "closed until further notice".
Tariny
I miss that Stripes being Chicks, just does not seem like they are keeping up with the cleanliness that well. Last time I went to the ladies room there, it was dingy and looked like it had been neglected (it's been a while, so I can't remember exactly why the first thought that pops into my head is "eww!").

We use to go in there all the time, now it's maybe once a month, but usually even less than that. No, I have not complained to anyone there, and I'm only saying something now because I'm hoping DimeBox17 will see it and mention it to the someone who can save the store before it becomes so janky that there is no saving it.
PS3D
Tariny said:

I miss that Stripes being Chicks, just does not seem like they are keeping up with the cleanliness that well. Last time I went to the ladies room there, it was dingy and looked like it had been neglected (it's been a while, so I can't remember exactly why the first thought that pops into my head is "eww!").

We use to go in there all the time, now it's maybe once a month, but usually even less than that. No, I have not complained to anyone there, and I'm only saying something now because I'm hoping DimeBox17 will see it and mention it to the someone who can save the store before it becomes so janky that there is no saving it.
Ever since 7-Eleven bought Stripes, I believed the former Chicks would close or doing a major redevelopment, as it's too big even for Stripes standards (7-11 stores are usually smaller).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.