New Tru Fit - by Target in Bryan

5,934 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dgonzo99
RG20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My God, are they giving memberships away? I had been with Aerofit forever and really liked the small 24 hr one by Target. I like the new one from an equipment standpoint but it seems more and more packed every time I go. Anyone else left a gym for a smaller one? What has been your experience?
TxSquarebody
Actually, they are giving it away. I get 8 texts a month trying to give me 0 start up fees and a heavily discounted rate.
Lovebird
They also partnered with BISD for a $10/month buddy program.. which is no longer available, probably because of the amount of people interested
RG20
Ok, that would explain all the kids I see...
tfunk02
AG
I'm still dealing with them trying to charge me for 2 months after we canceled our memberships. They make money by charging you even when you are done with them...
RG20
Thankfully I'm on a month to month after being Grandfathered in so if I try to cancel and they want to charge me we are going to have issues...
Carny89
I go at 5am. About a dozen folks at the most.
gettingitdone
if you aren't locked into a contract,,,try out Planet Fitness. My husband and I love it. $1 sign up fee and $20 a month with no contract.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Im a trufit member. 5-6 yrs

Give these promos about 2 mos and the numbers fall off big time

Just like the January 1 resolution crowd. By Feb 15 theyre all back at Shipleys
DO NOT go to Tru Fit.

Ever since they bought Aerofit, the place has been a customer service clown show. Read the BBB and other reviews out there. They are constantly charging people more money than their contracts, or continuing to charge after cancellation.

The latter happened to me. I canceled my membership last July and finally realized they were still charging me every month in January of this year. I called them out on it and they acknowledged their error, but I could never get anyone willing to fix it. I made dozens of calls and all they could say is "_____ will call you back". They didn't. I sent numerous emails. No one responded. All I wanted was my damn refund of a few hundred dollars.

Finally, in April, a girl from the Texas Ave. location called and said they would be sending a check out and needed to verify my address. Said I should get it in 3-4 weeks. I didn't.

My refund check finally showed up August 1st - 7 months later! Thankfully they weren't charging me that whole time!

I'm not the only person they've done this to, either. Save yourself the ass pain and go elsewhere.
ommama
Issues like improper charging, cancellation issues, bad customer service.... they are not just limited to Tru Fit. I have heard the same situations regarding Golds.

RG20
I'm at a crossroads right now. I have not had any issues with billing (knock on wood). I'd like to experiment with some smaller gyms in town even if it means paying a little more although I'm worried that most of them will be crossfit focused and lack the equipment I like. If anyone has had good experiences in BCS for smaller gyms I'd love to hear recommendations.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Would be nice if an LA Fitness would go in at Jones Crossing or somewhere else in town!
philothea
My contract ends this month and I already filled out the cancellation paperwork last month. (You have to give 30 days notice.) I will be really mad if I get charged next month.
ommama
What kind of equipment do you like?
RG20
Mainly free weights, hammer strength machines, Smith Machine and various cardio machines. The new Tru Fit actually has a good variety of things that I assume some smaller gyms in town don't offer...
thann07
AG
Great .. I got a Tru Fit membership in June. I won't go back to Golds due to issues with continued charges after I cancelled when I left A&M.

Tru Fit seems nice enough so far -- but I don't like the elliptical machines they have.

I'm looking for a 24-hour fitness to come in.
aggiemom89
Snap fitness. Been going there for three years no issues at all with billing. And it's rarely crowded.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
After looking at this thread I checked my own credit card statement as I cancelled my membership 3 weeks ago.

And of course, they charged me 7 days ago. I'll go in tomorrow and get it reversed but this kinda business practice is inexcusable.
RG20
They will probably tell you that your Aug deduction was for the month of July even though you signed a cancellation in July...
Stupe
S
Which gym?
Love Gun
^ The struggle is real.

The hell with Tru Fit
Eliminatus
AG
Snap Fitness.

Free weights, 24 hours, friendly and honorable staff. You pay them money and they let you use their stuff
anytime you want without trying to dick you over. It's a simple arrangement that so many other gyms seem to not be able to do....

It's a small gym, so you sacrifice some things of course but worth it to me.

Also, real close to that Bryan Target so shouldn't be a drastic travel change. On Booneville.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Tru Fit Longmire
Red Krow
Trufit has the worst businesses practices I have ever dealt with. I was a member of Aero Fit, I still had about a year on my contract when Trufit bought them. They kept charging me the higher Aero Fit rate which was about double their new rates. Terrible idea. I get it it, i signed a contract at that rate, nothing I can legally do. So they got extra money from me for 1 year, but they could have had a customer for life. Then when I canceled my membership they continued to charge me the higher rate for 3 months. Each time they kept saying I didn't talk to right person or didn't sign the right form. When I finally got ahold of the right person and had email correspondences to cover my butt, they still charged me for 1 more month. They did refund me that last month after I fought it. Corporate Trufit could not care less about the whole ordeal. I got Zero response from them when I tried to contact them.
mtec
Does anyone have an email address for their billing office? Same story here.
Captn_Ag05
AG
tru fit...more like true $**t, am i right?
musicforall
JR Ewing
AG
TruFit Longmire is the absolute worst. It is absolutely disgusting and unclean throughout the facility. I called to cancel and they require you to come in and do it in person. If they bill me after I do this, I will absolutely file a BBB report. All I can say is that you get what you pay for with this company. It has gone absolutely downhill since they purchased Aerofit. #avoidliketheplague!
dgonzo99
JR Ewing said:

TruFit Longmire is the absolute worst. It is absolutely disgusting and unclean throughout the facility. I called to cancel and they require you to come in and do it in person. If they bill me after I do this, I will absolutely file a BBB report. All I can say is that you get what you pay for with this company. It has gone absolutely downhill since they purchased Aerofit. #avoidliketheplague!
Good luck with the BBB thing. I was going to file a complaint against MSN after repeatedly trying to fix the problem several years ago. Was told that they only take complaints and file those complaints. They are shown online, but as far as doing anything to help get owed money back: NO. It is basically a place to vent your frustrations, and that's it. You can go online and write what you think of the company. Haven't ever been back. Too much paperwork for nothing.
Nosh
For all you cancelling, why not simply place a stop payment at the bank and never worry about it?
Love Gun
Nosh said:

For all you cancelling, why not simply place a stop payment at the bank and never worry about it?

In my case, it took 6 months to realize they were still charging me. That's on me, yes, but I pretty much assumed that they were competent enough to cancel my membership completely when I asked them to.
dgonzo99
Not just TruFit. I switched from home delivery to edition of The Houston Chronicle. I was supposed to save 40 dollars of month. Now they want an extra $17.50 for this month for my subscription. They say I am overdue. However, my last payment was processed on the 20th of this month for the agreed upon amount of $15 a month. It's called bilking the customer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.