Spirit of Union Pacific

2,950 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Clo004
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Spirit of Union Pacific engine is in town today, just pulling two passenger cars it looks like. It's stopped over by z islander, if you're into unusual trains.

techno-ag
UmustBKidding
Son says business train. How their top executives travel to meet with people they are negotiating big deal with. Says they retain top chefs from around the world to come in and prepare meals so they can entertain their guests in their luxury dining car. Guess makes an impression having chef x that owns some Michelin stared restaurant come in to prepare dinner for a potential customer.
EBrazosAg
AG
They should go tour the new rail yard in Mumford that they exercised imminent domain on and just finished ........ oh wait, they stopped it and now it's a ugly mess, maybe forever and not farm land anymore .....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
UmustBKidding
Maybe here to negotiate with sharp to make a&m up joint training facility in Mumford.
Actually UP has bought into the precision railroading scheme which in theory uses facilities so efficiently they won't need Mumford or a whole bunch of facilities. The last two that bought in quit when they were near bankruptcy so the success is far from ensured.
Carny89
Dang. I wonder how long it's there. I'll go look. It was near here when bush passed away.
redd38
AG
That was yesterday, I think it's gone now
Clo004
Clo004
The first heritage car is a power car and the second one is a business car. That one is set up for meetings.

Most of the cooks that are part of the heritage fleet are actually long time UP employees and that is their full time job. They make some of the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had.

The train will be in Houston Friday and will be heading back to Council Bluffs that afternoon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.