Recommendations for Home Irrigation System Repair

3,067 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by UmustBKidding
Scout1990
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking to find someone in BCS to replace sprinkler heads, replace a valve and perform general maintenance on my yard sprinkler system. Any recommendations appreciated.
UmustBKidding
Phil at IDC was the recommend guy around here but he sold and heard the replacement not as wonderful. Aaron Stewart is good think Stewart irrigation. The cocs guy posts here and always recommend that you use a licensed irrigation company and the water Dept there probably can provide you a list of those licensed. Not a Pierce fan they do lots of builder grade systems that are designed to be cheap but less that great for good coverage. Likely capable of good work but i had to replace the system to get something useful that they installed for the builder.
Likely to be a wait this time of year for a licensed company.
nthomas99
AG
UmustBKidding said:

Phil at IDC was the recommend guy around here but he sold and heard the replacement not as wonderful. Aaron Stewart is good think Stewart irrigation. The cocs guy posts here and always recommend that you use a licensed irrigation company and the water Dept there probably can provide you a list of those licensed. Not a Pierce fan they do lots of builder grade systems that are designed to be cheap but less that great for good coverage. Likely capable of good work but i had to replace the system to get something useful that they installed for the builder.
Likely to be a wait this time of year for a licensed company.

I think his last name is spelled Stuart, but +1 for Aaron. He installed and serviced the system in my old house and will be doing at the new place now that the warranty is up. I'd use him again in a heartbeat.

Do you mean Prince on the builder grade system? If so, I concur. I had pretty bad experience with him servicing a system in a builder spec house I bought.
halibut sinclair
Prince Irrigation installed our system over 15 years ago and it still works great. Their pricing has always been reasonable the few times they've been out to replace a sprinkler head or valve.
waterchick
You are correct, UmustBKidding - I'm the one who comments to use a Licensed Irrigator. I've been to some properties where work was done by someone unlicensed and it ends up causing more headaches for the homeowner. (It's also a Class C Misdemeanor to work on an irrigation system (other than your own property) without the proper license.)

I have a list of companies for which I have contact information, and you can use this link to check on a license: https://www2.tceq.texas.gov/lic_dpa/index.cfm. The only caveat is that it lists the irrigator's name, address and phone number, but doesn't give any indication if they're in private practice or not. Some people hold an irrigator's license but don't do installations/repairs.

My friends over at Tarrant Regional Water District posted this handy 1-minute clip showing how to replace a broken sprinkler body:

While I'm here - don't forget to sign up for weekly, neighborhood-level watering recommendations at https://bvwatersmart.tamu.edu.
JP76
Larry Whitfield

http://www.raintecirrigationsystems.com/

nthomas99
AG
JP76 said:

Larry Whitfield

http://www.raintecirrigationsystems.com/

He's a good choice too. He gave me a quote when I installed a system. I didn't use him but was a total professional and came highly recommended.
EBrazosAg
AG
Aaron Stuart
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CS78
waterchick said:

(It's also a Class C Misdemeanor to work on an irrigation system (other than your own property) without the proper license.)
And we wonder why a 2 hour water heater swap is costing us $1200. I didn't realize they had their hooks in the sprinkler business too.
studioone
I don't recommenced arron stuart...

he has issues and embarrassed me in front of my wife.... not cool...

I also asked prince to come out.. he did, looked for a few minutes, and left without telling me... I called and asked if he needed anyhting else and asked why he left, and he didnt reply.. and i then asked if he wanted the job and he said he didnt...

also uncool...
UmustBKidding
Are you sure it was Aaron not Steve? Steve was different and not good with people at all even though was quite capable with the actual design and implementation of systems. I don't believe Steve has been involved in the business for a number of years. Aaron has always been polite, honest and straight forward with my dealing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.